cant log into any multiplayer

S

Stuart Neal

• Stuart Neal

G'day,
I've tried to join in with the GT Legends leagues over the past weeks and I cant get in. I've tried the codes supplied with the original disc and still no go, any ideas? I know that to be here I must race and/or contribute in some way per month, but this is frustrating not being able to race..

• John Mactavish

I had the same problem...when i created a match after my first lap 4 guys joined...try it...set it at 12 player, open, no ai...good luck.

There is nothing special into joining multiplayer games with GTL. Some tips which you have to make sure:

You need a DVD-key to have the game starting in the first place. Key found on DVD.
If you want to drive online, you need the online key, which is printed on the back of the booklet. Next you have to create an online account, which could give some troubles creating in the past (around game release time, some years ago). Don't know if that issue is still on tbh.

Next you get the game lobby where you can see the online servers.

At what point is it failing at your side? Can you see those servers, but not connect/join or are you stuck before?

Also, make sure you have an exception in your firewall for GTL. (Check anti-virus also, products like ESet smart security have both anti-virus+firewall)

Stuart,
Can you please give us some more info to help get you on-line?
I assume you can run the game off-line?
Do you have the on-line code (it is different to the Starforce copy protection code), it is usually found on the back of the manual?
At what point does it fail, are there any messages given?

Which OS are you using, Windows XP or Vista?

• Stuart Neal

Warren I can use it offline and have the original game. i have entered the code as supplied and another I had, but no go. As soon as I try to log on the board it says that i cant log in.
I use Windows XP.

Warren I can use it offline and have the original game. i have entered the code as supplied and another I had, but no go. As soon as I try to log on the board it says that i cant log in.
I use Windows XP.

This sounds like it is not accepting your on-line code. Make sure you are entering it exactly as per the code on the back of the manual, some people have had problems here because of mixing up U and V, which can look the same. Try both if that is the case, ie. put a U in place of a V or vice versa.
I'm away from home for a couple of weeks, so I can't check it in detail right now, but maye this gives you a new lead.

The U and V issue, took me 1 million attempts to get it in correctly when i installed the game the first time (and the second time too, because you forget wether its a V or a U) lol

I use Windows XP.

Hi Stuart,there is only one Online Key (and another I had?) make sure you
register on your real name "Stuart Neal" and make a profile in game on the same name.
OK , Hit the register button:enter the Online Serial Key,then you will be taken to the main login screen,enter your name-password-email address ,once you have confirmation that your username was successfully registered you can login.

I hope that this will work,

Hans

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%