Can't launch game from Steam, CM throwing errors

Frizbe

Premium
So I just fixed some issues with my PC (CPU was bad) and after changing my Windows installation to a new SSD AC wont start, if I launch through Steam the launcher gets stuck loading car metadata at 100%. I found that this can happen if your metadata files are too large, ok I use Content Manager anyway and was only launching through Steam to make sure all the dependencies are installed anyway.

Well now trying to launch the CM showroom I get a message about a d3dx11_43.dll file that isn't designed to run on Windows, when I try to update previews I get a message about an external component throwing an exception. I attached screen shots of both messages to be sure I didn't miss something important.

I've verified game files, deleted and reinstalled AC and removed all CM files then downloaded it again, all do the same thing, and the metadata loading is still getting stuck through steam.

Help please, I just want it to work like it did before changing the CPU and Windows install location.

Attachments

• 2020-05-09 (3).png
    2020-05-09 (3).png
    471.2 KB · Views: 445
  • 2020-05-09 (2).png
    2020-05-09 (2).png
    961.2 KB · Views: 385
Well finding and deleting the DX11_43.dll seems to have gotten my races to work, the CM showroom and preview update still don't function though, I guess at least I can race, though now I have the nightmare of re-installing all my skins again.

Gahhhhhh, I was deleting and reinstalling the wrong file this whole time. It was the d3dx10_43.dll that was causing issues.

Deleted the correct file, then used the download from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and it's all working now. So if anyone has this issue in the future there you go. I deleted the d3dx10_43 file from both the System32 folder and the SysWOW64 folder to make sure if one had an issue the other wouldn't later on.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 165 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.4%