Can't join a hosted game

Hi, me and my friend really like to race against each other with some AI. But we can't join each others hosted game. I have found an older thread on this forum telling us to open certain ports. We did that, but it doesn't help, although now I can stay connected to the chat of the hosted game. I can still not join his game.

Can anyone help us out?
PS: older thread -> http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-host-a-game.45003/
edit: added url of older thread.

Thx!

Would be interesting to know if anybody else can join his server or if it's only that you can't join because of the LAN configuration.

Usually it shouldn't be a big problem, but if the required ports aren't open / correctly forwarded to his PC you would expect such a behavior.

If you could get somebody outside of your LAN to try to join, that would bring us a step closer to the solution :)

Would be interesting to know if anybody else can join his server or if it's only that you can't join because of the LAN configuration.

Usually it shouldn't be a big problem, but if the required ports aren't open / correctly forwarded to his PC you would expect such a behavior.

If you could get somebody outside of your LAN to try to join, that would bring us a step closer to the solution :)

Ok, Can I add you and try it sometime? I only have 1 friend who plays Stock car extreme :p.

is this happening to you guys on steam or a stand alone copy? I'm trying to play with my son in the same room on two different PC with two copy of the game but the ping shows "0". I'm getting the exact time out error as well. I've opened the required UDP ports for steam

Last edited:
It's GSC ports you need not steam ports. There's 2 UDP and one TCP port for matchmaking.

The problems above all sound like port forwarding ones. Of course in addition you need to be sure to allow the server app through the Windows firewall.

from the GSC FAQ:
TCP port 34747 must be opened. In addition to this, the UDP port numbers are listed in the multiplayer.ini as 34597 and 34697 by default need to be opened. You need to open from these two UDP numbers upwards for each server you have open.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%