Can't get the VLM LeMans track to work...

normally when I DL a track I insert it into my "locations floder" and no problems whatsoever. When I extract the files to that folder it still shows it as a application folder not a file folder like all the rest of my tracks.

This is what I'm doing:

C:/steam/steamapps/scotty510/race07/gamedata/locations and still no worky. I even tried sticking into just the race07 folder like some other stuff I DL'ed.

Sorry for the repetitive q's I'm just curious if the track no longer works or what?

Thanks, Scotty.

P.S. the VLM DTM cars are tasty, very tasty.

You have to launch the exe file you find in the folder you downloaded. It's an istaller or selfextractor (can't remeber now) and, if not by default, you have to specify the path where you want to install the track which is teh one you mentioned.

I might misunderstand your question but hope it helps

You haven't read the installer properly i guess. It ask to point it to your RACE 07 folder and you seem to point it to the gamedata/locations which is two levels too deep.

These .exe installers always give problems and i don't understand why mod teams still use it. I love the .rar -> extract -> and drop it in the correct folder :D

well the DL I got from here was odd because I usually see a yellow folder containing the included files, but all I saw was a blank window when I opened the dl'ed file, follow me?

I browsed another site, sorry for cheating lol, and dl'ed LeMans VLM as well and got what I'm used to seeing when trying to install tracks, two folders, one UIdata folder and one game data folder, installed perfectly.

I don't know, whatever, I got the awesome track, and WOW!!! this is the real deal. I don't know how you guys do it but you should be getting paid for these kind of mods, unreal, seriously.

I don't know what took me so long to come over to PC gaming but, I'm glad I did, even though I'm 2 yrs late for GTR.

Just wish my Fanatec wheel would come soon. Stupid October month, should be before Sept, lol!!!!!

• Ariff Roose

Love this track. Use a Koneigseng (dont know how to spell it) and you can reach up to speads of 400+! Its fun!

I don't know, whatever, I got the awesome track, and WOW!!! this is the real deal. I don't know how you guys do it but you should be getting paid for these kind of mods, unreal, seriously.

Fully agree! I have that with the Endurance mod for rFactor and also with all the tracks made by Virtua LM (Le Mans, Rouen, Mid Ohio) they are so good that they can be included in any commercial game without a doubt.

I believe that when you pay modgroups on commercial basis the mod becomes illegal as they breach IP rights when it is no longer free to use product.

In response to the original question: have you downloaded the rfactor version by mistake maybe? I have downloaded the VLM Le Mans for RACE 07 once more and installs correctly here after i have unzipped the package.

Do you happen to run Vista? Then you might run the executable file as administrator, then point it to your RACE 07 root (mostly X:/Steam/Steamapps/YourSteamName/RACE 07) and install it.

Yeah it's shame. I'm a huge console gamer as well, Forza for instance, DL content say for 3 tracks or a car bundle pack is like 1200 MS points which is like $12.50 US. Theres like what, 155 dl tracks on no grip right now!, it blows my mind that this stuff is free. Do the math, that's some serious coin.$$$$

I agree with you about Mid Ohio as well, that's another great track.

Scotty.

and fly!!! :D

Funny, because it's true.

RUM00141.jpg

RUM00122.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years