Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
great looking mod , thank you.
i cant seem to get day to night transition to work, i even set to time to 0:00 and still day time.
the track lights are on though.
the weather is set to clear sol and pp filter is sol.
the last weather fx installed and the lastest sol version.
am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks.

7hx4e0E

7hx4e0E

Great mod right here! gold! :)
I'm just having an issue that I don't know if this on my end or a general bug? The mirrors between 18h00 and 23h00 (even the virtual) don't show anything, they're completely black. Is this already known? I admit I didn't read the 21 pages from this thread.

EDIT: Fixed it! Basically I should I've read the thread and seems that not have high quality mirror set, makes it go black with some configurations of weather/time.

Thanks for giving AC the best mod it ever had!

Last edited:
@Peter Boese is it possible to use some of the 'wet' weathers (like 'typhoon') with a dry track, ie without spray being generated behind the car? My preferred skies are always the 'moody' ones but I often don't want a wet track. 'Autumn' from the original GBW was easily my favourite - it's awesome having lightly-clouded blue skies and sun in front of you then go around a bend to be faced with black rain-clouds approaching, like a cloudburst could be possible at any time.

If you could add a sky that closely resembles 'Autumn' from GBW then I'd be one eternally grateful bunny as I don't think there's any current weathers in Sol that quite capture that fantastic atmosphere.
Ignore this idiot, he must have been drunk.
'Windy' weather is the new 'Autumn', and then some. It looks incredible.

hi raptone! one question: how do you did the snow surface i the photo of above? and what track is it? i have a dude..sol can modifies the textures of the surfaces or is the textures of Deems winter tracks? thanks in advance!
Well I just don't know xD just started the game and it was all snow. And it's Mugello

Can you tell us what you mean by "Shaders patch wasn't installed in the right place...."? So is it in the mods folder or not? I'm having the exact same problem and it's extremely frustrating.

About the seasonal changes on tracks. It comes with weatherFX and is done in the track's light config. If the light modders implemented this, then dependent an the SELECTED DATE the track changes its look.

There are many light config included in the Shader Patch. You can find them in/extension/config/tracks/. The file name corresponds to the track's folder in /content/tracks

After an extremely frustrating experience trying to install this mod, over and over again I would do everything precisely as written in the manual, and it would never work. I would either get the game crashing on load, or I'd get the "bland sky" and inability to go past 18:00 in the game.

So, after a bit on digging, I found out that the problem was that, apparently, the mod was not being installed by Content Manager at all; CM would always say "Custom Shaders Patch is not installed", even though everything was installed in its proper place.

Reading the manual, step 4.2 says "Copy the “Shaders Lights Patch” folder from the downloaded package to
the “MODS” folder and activate it via JSGME or CM.". I was like "so I have to activate it?" and apparently, that's done via the "mods" tab in the "content" menu in CM; THIS TAB IS NOT ACCESSIBLE IN THE FREE VERSION OF CM. I feel like this is a CRUCIAL detail that's simply overlooked in the manual.

In the end, I simply installed JSGME and activated Shaders Lights Patch through there, and after that everything worked fine.

After an extremely frustrating experience trying to install this mod, over and over again I would do everything precisely as written in the manual, and it would never work. I would either get the game crashing on load, or I'd get the "bland sky" and inability to go past 18:00 in the game.

So, after a bit on digging, I found out that the problem was that, apparently, the mod was not being installed by Content Manager at all; CM would always say "Custom Shaders Patch is not installed", even though everything was installed in its proper place.

Reading the manual, step 4.2 says "Copy the “Shaders Lights Patch” folder from the downloaded package to
the “MODS” folder and activate it via JSGME or CM.". I was like "so I have to activate it?" and apparently, that's done via the "mods" tab in the "content" menu in CM; THIS TAB IS NOT ACCESSIBLE IN THE FREE VERSION OF CM. I feel like this is a CRUCIAL detail that's simply overlooked in the manual.

In the end, I simply installed JSGME and activated Shaders Lights Patch through there, and after that everything worked fine.
Sorry for this. There are many ways to install it, I tried to write down the preferred install method. But what about drag'n'drop the Shader patch to CM. Does this work for you, in the lite version?

For the next version of Sol, I will also use Install via CM drag'n'drop the zip into CM. I believe for this you don't need the full version...

Has anybody gotten around to trying the 'real conditions' option for this mod? Mapping the coordinates to real-life tracks is pretty awesome, but wind direction is the complete opposite of what it should be. For example, when I load up a practice session at let's say, Caldwell Park, everything is accurate in terms of the current weather IRL(except the scenery), but instead of the wind going towards SE at 16km/hr, it's going towards the complete opposite, to the NW, at 16km/hr. It's really frustrating, everything else is pretty much spot on...

FWIW, in meteorological terms, a southeast wind means it's coming out of the southeast (ie towards the northwest), so it appears that this is functioning correctly.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%