Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just downloaded the mod and have started looking through the manual. It seems that more than a few others have read the manual, and have yet to get the mod to function.

QUESTION:
For those who have not managed to get this mod working, does it prevent AC from functioning, or does it simply not replace the default weather in-game?

followed the MANUAL to the letter, installed shaders patch via cm. there is no skybox, its just solid black. also, if i start at midnight, i can still clearly see all the land. also there is a random very bright light illuminating one side of the car. it stays even if i drive down the road. using kunos 250 gto and highlands which i know are included in the shaders patch stuff. also, is it normal to have to open the rain app while driving and "turn on" the rain even though i selected the rain sol weather? the rain spray works, but i find it odd it doesnt just rain on its own. i followed everything in the manual, but so far not a pleasing experience.
Don't install Shader Patch via CM, just copy it manually into the AC directory. Dunno if it changed but the patch from the discord was always to be installed manually

I get the same thing. I also notice an error when loading "error in compiling shaders open configuration menu and go to statistics tab for more info". I am not sure where to open configuration menu. I will update if I find more info on this.
I have worked on this and it is now working flawless. I am sorry to give such a bad report on what I did but here it is. I simply disabled shaders in CM then reinstalled using CM. I also reinstalled SOL once more and Bobs your uncle. I originally did a manual install by the manual but my guess is I missed something.

Now it is up and running OMG. This is by far the best visual mod for AC. I will be spending some time in the rig this week. Thanks for the wonderful work and all your time spent on this labor of love.

• Deleted member 197115

upload_2019-1-22_23-0-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-22_22-59-37.png
    upload_2019-1-22_22-59-37.png
    75 KB · Views: 198
Really want to install this and custom shaders patch but I am apprehensive as I am not very technically or computer minded. Is their an idiots guide for install? Some videos I have looked at makes this game look epic

Thanks in advance
Baz

Has anybody gotten around to trying the 'real conditions' option for this mod? Mapping the coordinates to real-life tracks is pretty awesome, but wind direction is the complete opposite of what it should be. For example, when I load up a practice session at let's say, Caldwell Park, everything is accurate in terms of the current weather IRL(except the scenery), but instead of the wind going towards SE at 16km/hr, it's going towards the complete opposite, to the NW, at 16km/hr. It's really frustrating, everything else is pretty much spot on...

@Peter Boese

I just made a short video of my issue: at around 19.30 the mirroring stops and the normal screen becomes black while the image in the Oculus is still working (sound also). Don't know what could cause this.

Got the same issues whit a 2080ti and Rift

Damn, that's a beast of a build. I have a 1080ti, 8700K, 32 GB RAM. Driving by myself is not an issue at all. Racing with 20+ cars on track basically locks me in ASW and/or bounces my frame rate around like crazy. Once the field spreads out, it's much better though. I need to do some graphical settings work and figure out a preset that is both friendly for day/night racing. I think it's possible but the game is going to look not-so-great during the day time. Wish VR wasn't so demanding :(

What I do to install/update the shaders patch is use Content Manager. In the "Content" menu chose "mods" from the top menu, then select the existing version of the shaders patch, press "disable" then right-click on it and delete it. Then drag and drop the zipped file with the new shaders patch directly into the window, the hamburger menu on the top right changes color, click on it and then click on the install button. This way each time it is a clean install and it takes just seconds.

2 quick questions, If you have gbw installed does sol just overwrite it or do you have to uninstall it first, Also I've got wetmod in my mods folder but unactivated as CM says it conflicts with the shader mod, Is it ok to delete wetmod?

Hy, im having a unusal problem i guess.

Installed SOL according to the instructions. Started the Game and it seemed to work out like it shoud. Im not sure about the clouds but i think if there is a problem it coud be fixed ony my own. Now the Problem i've got is a bit more complicated.

Im running acserver.exe out of my AC folder. So the Server takes the data from my original content folder. Now since i installed sol i can't start the server manager at all to configure the server inis to start it. I can still host Servers but i can't configure them with the server manager wich can be very timeconsuming to go back to the inis and type in every skin and car for each slot aswell for the track settings. Hope you Guys can fix this at some point.

Here is my Crashlog from the Server Manager:

acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei acServerManager.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean loadUI) in i:\Manu\Documents\kunosprivate\acServerManager\acServerManager\MainWindow.xaml.cs:Zeile 267.

Im sorry it's written in German. (Thx Kunos) :)

Don't install Shader Patch via CM, just copy it manually into the AC directory. Dunno if it changed but the patch from the discord was always to be installed manually
I've always installed it via CM and it's always worked perfectly.
It just needs to be deactivated in content>mods before updating to a new version and then activated.

@Peter Boese

I just made a short video of my issue: at around 19.30 the mirroring stops and the normal screen becomes black while the image in the Oculus is still working (sound also). Don't know what could cause this.

There is no set time that this issues occurs at. It happens at some point between the transition from or to night/day, morning or evening. Obviously that time will change depending on the set date.

It is bloody annoying...

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%