Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry to repeat myself, Peter ... but I had just a question or rather a precision ... at the end of my post 2 or 3 pages above.

No single problem with replays ... and the SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua is rather easy to use ... as it is perfectly explained there.

Just 2 questions, Peter, about this SOL__WEATHER_PLAN.lua .....
- is there a way to change the initial "true" to "false" when needed without having to do it inside the files ? ... maybe a "command" in CM ?
- there are more than 1 __SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({ paragraphs
I suppose the 1st one needs the chosen weathers separated by comas
and the next ones are used to give each weather its own settings.
Am I right or wrong here ? ( I read the not-to-read manual :D about those points, but I'm not sure to have understood it perfectly at this point of view )

Thanks in advance if you can answer. ;)
We are working on an interface for CM. For now you have to edit the files.

A plan consists of a sequence of weather slots. Every weatherslot defines a weather type and some parameters like temperature, wind and a time where no change and a time for change to the next weather slot. There are 4 examples in the Sol package. Just look at /extension/weather-controllers/sol/weather_plans. There are some different variants of plans you can study. Ask if something is unclear...

I tried, it didn't work. If I follow the instructions exactly, I am supposed to install the app first, then disable. That doesn't make sense, but I tried it too and it didn't work.

I had the same issue, make sure you disable the Shader Patch in CM, then install the updated one, enable the new Shader Patch. I wasn't doing this and no matter how I installed the updated Shader Patch it was still only showing v1.24 when it loaded[/QUO

I thought you had to add a bunch spearated by commas in the first field, but you don't have to.
Just add a new paragraph for each weather you want to add. Each one, including the first has one weather.

That worked for me anyway.

Example that works (except it's set to false)
-- activate weather sequence by setting to "true"
use_dynamic_weather_plan = false
--!!! in LUA the "--" is for comment !!!

--[[ avialable weather types :
NoClouds
Clear, FewClouds, ScatteredClouds
Windy, BrokenClouds, OvercastClouds
Fog, Mist, Smoke, Haze
Sand, Dust
LightDrizzle, Drizzle, HeavyDrizzle
LightRain, Rain, HeavyRain
LightThunderstorm, Thunderstorm, HeavyThunderstorm
Squalls, Tornado, Hurricane
LightSleet, Sleet, HeavySleet
LightSnow, Snow, HeavySnow
Hail
]]

-- add a weather in the sequence by calling add_weather_slot()
__SOL_WEATHER_PLAN:add_weather_slot({
-- weather type
weather = "Clear",

-- hold this weather for n seconds
time_holding = 60,

-- change to next weather in n seconds / if -1 -> no change
time_changing = 30,

-- temperatures
temperature_ambient = 25,
temperature_road = 32,

-- wind
wind_direction = 0,
wind_speed = 15
})

weather = "Mist",
time_holding = 60,
time_changing = 30,
temperature_ambient = 20,
temperature_road = 25
})

weather = "Squalls",
time_holding = 60,
time_changing = 30, -- a negative change time will stop the sequence
temperature_ambient = 17,
temperature_road = 18
})

weather = "ScatteredClouds",
time_holding = 60,
time_changing = 30,
temperature_road = 25
})

weather = "Hurricane",
time_holding = 60,
time_changing = 30,
temperature_road = 25
})

weather = "Sand",
time_holding = 60,
time_changing = 30,
temperature_road = 25
})

As good as the manual is, it really could explain this more clearly.
I think a lot of us also wonder how you're supposed to activate the sequence without selecting it in CM, when it should mention that it does it automatically as soon as you set it to 'true'.
Yes. Manual must become better.
But it mostly lacks of a nice interface. For now its nerd stuff....

As long as the first weather slot doesn't need to define all weather types which will be used in the next ones ... no problem for using it.
I'll have a look at those examples of weather plans.

Thanks for your precise answer, Peter ( and UnclePetey79 ).

And once more, impressive work from you all. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers,
JP

Not sure if its an issue with sol or the shaders patch but my Mirrors and on-board rear camera screens go black just as the sun goes down.

Tried turning off "Smart Mirror" and "Lighting FX" in the Custom Shaders Patch in CM and still happens.
Tried Different Weather/Filter/Track/Car. no good.

Solved it "High Quality" Mirrors has to be checked ON in order for mirrors to work at night.

hope this helps anybody with the same issue.

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you - Peter, that answers my question..... I'm not going mad then lol...

Sorry I'm not trying to be sarky, but is there any way I can remove the snow from them Tuscan hills without using a plough?... I use Deems track mods..... Tuscany very rarely gets snow ;)

The snow comes with a new feature of the Shader Patch. It is not Sol related. Ilja - the creator of the Shader Patch - integrated a way to do a colorgrading of the track's textures. This is done in the track's light configs. There all the night lights are configured and now as well, the seasonal changes.

To get rid of this - for now we don't have a switch in CM to just deactivate this - you could just delete this file, but then you have noe lights in the night or you could open mugellos light config with a text editor: /extension/config/tracks/mugello.ini
and delete all season definitions:

[CONDITION_95]
NAME = SEASON_SUMMER_2
INPUT = YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT = (|-1=0|0=0|0.45=0|0.6=0.85|0.7=0|1=0|)
LAG = 0

[CONDITION_96]
NAME = SEASON_MUD
INPUT = YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT = (|-1=0|0=0|0.1=0|0.2=0.65|0.3=0|0.71=0|0.8=0.7|0.9=0|1=0|)
LAG = 0

[CONDITION_97]
NAME = SEASON_SUMMER
INPUT = YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT = (|-1=0|0=0|0.1=0|0.2=1|0.3=0|0.45=0|0.6=0.85|0.7=0|0.71=0|0.8=1|0.9=0|1=0|)
LAG = 0

[CONDITION_98]
NAME = SEASON_WINTER
INPUT = YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT = (|-1=0|0=0.5|0.1=1|0.2=0|0.8=0|0.9=0.35|1=0.5|)
LAG = 0

[CONDITION_99]
NAME = SEASON_AUTUMN
INPUT = YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT = (|-1=0|0=1|0.2=0|0.45=0|0.6=0.4|0.7=0|0.75=0|0.8=1|1=1|)
LAG = 0
Then its back to normal. You can also just delete the winter season....

Not sure what to say Peter other than to echo what many here have said - Stunning, just stunning. Thank you very much.
I make my annual pilgrimage to Mugello to watch another magician @ work #46 Valentino. Mugello, has to be one of the most beautiful location anywhere in the world to host motor racing, either 2 wheels or 4. Late spring/early summer in the Tuscan hills are my memories..... Not sure snow does it justice.lol….. A quick edit solved all that for me. Thank you

Is this with old replay or new ones taken with weatherFX + SOL?

Immediate brand new replays right after a session, or even instant replays.
It seems to only crash if there's been a transition into night, even if I start at night. So basically if, if the race is at night at any time, the replay will crash the game.

• Deleted member 197115

As good as the manual is, it really could explain this more clearly.
I think a lot of us also wonder how you're supposed to activate the sequence without selecting it in CM, when it should mention that it does it automatically as soon as you set it to 'true'.

That part I agree, but until CM has proper UI for setting it up, dynamic weather setup is more of a hardcore nerd zone.

Followed all instructions in the "Sol" manual to the letter, but I can't get any weather other than Clear to actually appear on the racetrack (in-car). I get all the Sol weather options in the Content Manager's Weather drop-down (in a sub-folder called "Mods"). But no matter what weather I select there, the weather in-car is always Clear.

I suspect that the problem may be that I didn't install the shader patch in the correct location. CM says that "Custom Shaders Patch is not installed". Sol's manual said to install it in the "Mods" folder under the AC root directory. Well, I didn't have a "Mods" folder, so I created one thru Windows and then put the patch folder there.

Was that correct? If not, exactly where should the Shaders patch be copied to instead? Or does it have to be "activated" somehow? Note: I downloaded all the files (CM, Sol, and Shaders patch) today, so they must all be the latest versions.

Any help with getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

With such an enormous step forward, it's finally normal ... after all, it's just a V1.0 ... and just marvelous.
But sure we won't have to wait for a version 1.16 ? :roflmao: .....

It works fine and... some improvements and polish will surely quickly follow in the hands of those magicians. ;)

Manual install of Custom Shaders Patch:

For a clean install delete:
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\mods\Shaders Lights Patch\*.*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\*.*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\dwrite.dll

As on the picture below, copy the left to the right.
"dwrite.dll" is the actual patch (that needs the other stuff too)
NOTE: its two folders deep into the archive - dont just unpack the whole archive into AC dir, then you would need JSGME or paid Content Manager to enable it, like in the second picture
dirs.jpg

cm_mods_enable.jpg

When successfull, you will see more settings in settings ;)

cm_general2.jpg

and yes, these are old pics, current versions are

Edit: updated links
patchv0.1.25-preview44
https://mega.nz/#!z5BzCK6Z!pLJSu3vybkS2H6fdoT2tfTPlDHzHqg7mEz8k3JQq3U4

Sol 1.1 beta, installable like shaders patch, through JSGME or DrgnDrop onto CM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ux32kcis9xj0z41/Sol__1_1+beta+4.zip

Last edited:
followed the MANUAL to the letter, installed shaders patch via cm. there is no skybox, its just solid black. also, if i start at midnight, i can still clearly see all the land. also there is a random very bright light illuminating one side of the car. it stays even if i drive down the road. using kunos 250 gto and highlands which i know are included in the shaders patch stuff. also, is it normal to have to open the rain app while driving and "turn on" the rain even though i selected the rain sol weather? the rain spray works, but i find it odd it doesnt just rain on its own. i followed everything in the manual, but so far not a pleasing experience.

Fantastic Mod. Thank you!!
Quick question. When I select specific date, the in-game time always loads 7 hours ahead of what I have selected. Example I choose 7am, it loads 1400pm.
If I do not select specific date, it loads fine. 7am is 7am. Any ideas?
Thanks again.

Anyone using SOL with VR? I have a pretty strong system and I'm experiencing frame rate issues. It's most likely a combination of SOL + Shaders patch. What settings on shaders patch would you all recommend me disable to allow it to play better in VR?

I can do two seperate races, one with SOL + shader patch, and the other with my base GbW settings. The GbW settings race will hold 90 fps no problem. The SoL + Shader patch race is kind of all over the place in VR.
Got the same issues whit a 2080ti and Rift

followed the MANUAL to the letter, installed shaders patch via cm. there is no skybox, its just solid black. also, if i start at midnight, i can still clearly see all the land. also there is a random very bright light illuminating one side of the car. it stays even if i drive down the road. using kunos 250 gto and highlands which i know are included in the shaders patch stuff. also, is it normal to have to open the rain app while driving and "turn on" the rain even though i selected the rain sol weather? the rain spray works, but i find it odd it doesnt just rain on its own. i followed everything in the manual, but so far not a pleasing experience.
I get the same thing. I also notice an error when loading "error in compiling shaders open configuration menu and go to statistics tab for more info". I am not sure where to open configuration menu. I will update if I find more info on this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%