Can't Get "Sol" to Work

newbert

500RPM
Original poster
Premium
Feb 17, 2018
Followed all instructions in the "Sol" manual to the letter, but I can't get any weather other than Clear to actually appear on the racetrack (in-car). I get all the Sol weather options in the Content Manager's Weather drop-down (in a sub-folder called "Mods"). But no matter what weather I select there, the weather in-car is always Clear.

I suspect that the problem may be that I didn't install the shader patch in the correct location. CM says that "Custom Shaders Patch is not installed". Sol's manual said to install it in the "Mods" folder under the AC root directory. Well, I didn't have a "Mods" folder, so I created one thru Windows and then put the patch folder there.

Was that correct? If not, exactly where should the Shaders patch be copied to instead? Or does it have to be "activated" somehow? Note: I downloaded all the files (CM, Sol, and Shaders patch) today, so they must all be the latest versions.

Any help with getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

guidofoc

500RPM
Premium
Jan 2, 2015
What I do to install/update the shaders patch is use Content Manager. In the "Content" menu chose "mods" from the top menu, then select the existing version of the shaders patch, press "disable" then right-click on it and delete it. Then drag and drop the zipped file with the new shaders patch directly into the window, the hamburger menu on the top right changes color, click on it and then click on the install button. This way each time it is a clean install and it takes just seconds.

xax

1RPM
Dec 12, 2017
I have the same problem. Where did you install shader patch ? Can you write pls step by step your installation ? youtube videos and pdf instalation din't helped me, thnaks

Jan 25, 2019
Can you tell us what you mean by "Shaders patch wasn't installed in the right place...."? So is it in the mods folder or not? I'm having the exact same problem and it's extremely frustrating.