Can't get pit limiter disabled

Reik Major

Premium
Hy all!

In the practice race on 24th of august we'll have no pit speed limit. But at the moment I couldn't find out how to disable the pit speed limiter when entering the pit lane. Am I stupid? :redface:

I always have "autopit" disabled in the game options so I'm free to steer the car in the pits. But even though the limiter engages automatically when I cross the pit entry line. Until now that was what I wanted. But now I don't know how to disable it.

I started an offline race with disabled flag rules (only black flag) and disabled "autopit" but the limiter turns on automatically no matter if I announce the pit stop or not.

I can't find an ingame option for the auto limiter, so how do you guys disable this function?

PS:
In my plr-file I found this line under "Game Options":

Pitlane Control System="1"

I don't know what it influences, so could it be the line to edit? But which way? It's not the line for "autopit" because that would be this line:

Autopit="0"

I have it at "0" to have free controll in pits...

thx for your help mates! :)

Reik

I have a button on the G25 for disengaging the speed limiter. But it always goes on when I enter the pit lane, so I must press the limiter button when I'm on the lane to disengage the limiter.

The server "PrestoGP Practice Race" is open and can be used to test the auto pit speed problem for those who wish. If there is no simple solution to the problem we obviously have to forget that idea. Or is it doable to use the button as Valter mentions?

The server "PrestoGP Practice Race" is open and can be used to test the auto pit speed problem for those who wish. If there is no simple solution to the problem we obviously have to forget that idea. Or is it doable to use the button as Valter mentions?

It shouldn't be a problem to assign the limiter to a wheel button and press it immediately after the game automatically engaged the limiter. But can you set the server to give us no speeding penalty then????

It looks like I have no chance to have a run for the next few days, so I can only suggest things and discuss but I'm not able to test anything.

wouldnt it be the track that would need to be modified to either use limiter or not?, each track is diffrent as regards to where the limiter kicks in because each pit line is diffrent, it must be wrote into the track files so that the game knows that its limiter time, either taking away the line from the track file or valters suggestion would work, im not positive on this but it makes sense to me.

edit: it now makes more sense that i actually think about autopit not working on spa, theres deffo something in the track itself which causes this, like a switch so that as soon as you cross pit line the game sets limiter, autopit doesnt work at spa so theres obviously something missing from its code to allow, this makes me more convinced that the problem will be editing track files to disallow limiter.

You maybe true that it depends on the track.

On the other hand for me it would be more logic if the track tells the game where to engage/disengage the limiter and a game option would let you decide if you want the limiter to engage/disengage at this point automatically or not. (if the game is so kind :))

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back