Can't get over how good this sim is.

I know I've posted it before on here, but it is worth repeating. This sim is a masterpiece. I love the way the cars feel and the tracks are absolutely brilliant. Most courses have both fast sweeping turns and slow technical turns. I have pretty much quit playing all other sims other than GSC because they just don't feel right now. Can't wait until your open wheeler and additional track layouts are released. Cheers!!!!

Just downloaded and drove the new Formula car for about 30 minutes around Interlagos. Once again, just a brilliant job. Here's the thing I try to explain to people that ask. I could care less if the cars are 100% realistic to their real life counterparts. As long as the "feel" right I'm a happy camper. There are some sims that I just don't feel like the car is responding like it should. Even most rFactor mods have this problem for me (Some of it could be me as I am not good at this stuff). There were a few right off the top of my head that I really liked the way they drove. The PCC07 mod, Reiza's own Formula Amaroli, and one of the F3 mods that I can't remember the name of right off. Not saying there weren't many others, just ones I've tried. But not any mod or any sim do I "feel" like I'm controlling the car the way I would expect like I do in GSC. iRacing of course is brilliant and I've been a member for 2 years now, but like I said I just don't enjoy the online racing as much. As far as racing AI opponents, I've never raced a better sim than this. I don't care if it's built with gmotor 1, 2, 15 or the friggin' engine from MarioKart. If it's fun then it's fun. And this game rocks!

I know I sound a bit fanboyish, and feel free to tell me to shut up already....heh heh. :wink: But I also believe in positive reinforcement when it is deserved and it definitely is deserved for Reiza on this sim. I look forward to their next endeavor and in the meantime I'll be playing GSC along with rFactor 2 if it ever gets here. There's always room for more good sims.

Hi,

Could anyone owning both of them tell me how good the force feedback is in relation to NetKar Pro?
I am in love with NKP and it seems GSC could be very close, equal or even better.
And also GSC has what it seems to be a wonderfull AI.
I don't know if I must buy it or wait till rFactor 2, because I don't have much time.
But this new formula cars are very tempting.

Thank you.

Considering the overall package of NKP vs GSC i actually prefer GSC. To me the tires feel a bit better on NKP/FVA but the overall feedback is equal if not better on GSC (you feel the bumps on the road and the changes in surface). The fact that tires get dirt build up and you see the wear building up gives NKP an advantage, and you kind of feel the rubber meet the asphalt which is great, but i always feel there is something missing in NKP.

If you have ever used rfactor you know what to expect with GSC, imagine the best f1 mod and make it a bit better with some magic.

I did a few laps back to back with Formula Reiza and Ferrari Virtual Academy and the difference is difficult to put in to words but they both feel amazing.

The good thing is that NKP and GSC offer different cars and tracks, you can enjoy them both. Do yourself a favor and get the demo and give it a shot, thats the only way to make sure you like it or not.

Each sim has it's cons and pros depending of what a sim racers mean by "sim" (tracks or tyre or cars or ...). I've many sims and like most of them.

but gsr , for me , has the best overall online&offline experience out of the box : AI, tracks, ffb , feeling, all is very nice without tweaks. There are not really bad cons on this sims...and for that price it is really a good value.

I continue to like a lot netkar pro (i use it since 2008 and stop iracing just because i'm in love like you say with netkar :p) and others sims like gtl, some rfactor mod... but if i must choose only one i think it could be gsr now.

both are great and don't have same cars/tracks, so if you can...take both :)

Congratulations to everyone at Reiza Studios. You have produced a wonderful sim. I tried the demo the other night and IMMEDIATELY purchased the game. I just finished 20 laps at Interlagos and it was the most fun I've had racing against AI in a very long time. Just Brilliant.

I have lots of new courses to learn and it's gonna be great fun and now with F1 cars, it keeps getting better.

I just bought it yesterday and comparing to what I was use to in Rfactor is a good evolution, for me NKP is still better in FFB terms and some reactions of the car, the Rfactor genes is still there, but overall I like it.

Also think that the demo should give more time to play with it, 30 min is very quick to decided if it's good or not. This time Reiza can say thanks to who crack the game, that allow me to test it a bit more and decided to buy it.

Hey , a pirate here ;)

Considering ffb/feeling with formula i agree and i prefer netkar pro too.

But the v8 car is really awesome (i use this sim for this car) and a full 34 grids , push button , rfactor netcode, tracks/bumps is just fantastic and perhaps one of the best sim experience.

Insanely.....good!

For the first time we drove in the 34 player room tonight during the first round of our league. An absolutely blast to drive the V8's with so many players.

If you haven't purchased this sim yet, don't be a thief of your own wallet and drop those 29 dollars at Reiza Studios now and get the game!

Thanks Jason ...... I liked Race 07 etc. but it's on the back burner now, and this one is so tempting especially whilst we are still waiting for the F1 2011 patch 2 release.

I think I'll be going for it, and the current add-ons like Formula 3 bias me towards it too.

CoolClips_indu0118.jpg

I thought I'd like the single seaters more when I purchased this, but I find myself constantly drawn back to the roar of the awesome V8's. Just need to get a personal affinity with tracks (as I don't know most of them) and this could quickly become one of my fav "out of the box games" I've ever bought:good:.

Oh the single seaters are bloody good too, especially the Classic:wink:.

something is sure : whatever your experience and your favorite simulators (iracing, netkar, race07&co, rfactor, lfs,...) game stock car is an all of fame , specially for v8. Formula Classic , reiza , f3 give a nice bonus :)

Like Bram wrote a 34 full grids was just amazing.

for now i use:
rfactor for incredible mods database. DRM 1.1 on Nurb with leoffb&realfeel is just a blast to drive.
Netkar pro & virtual ferrari academy for awesome tyre sensation and ffb
Iracing* for laser scanned tracks and if you like "mmo" style.(*but i've unsubscribe and my account has expired since one week)
GTR2 for GT cars & full 24h race
GTL for old car :)
Race07&co...hum don't use it anymore since three years. for ME he's not anymore at the level of other sims.
Richard burns rally : THE ONE for rally.. what a blast :)
CARS for weekly update and follow a new project/dev. I like to dl sometime a file , test it and just see what has changed.
lfs: only one where i can use my softth triple screen setup with different size screen AND have independant display. ...but i don't use it :p
GSC because, from stock , without tweaks, it provide all quality i found on other sims...offline and online. Of course if you like car/tracks he has :)

Cedric - that is interesting because I have also let my iRacing account expire this week after 2 years of playing it. I don't like the direction iRacing has taken in the last 6 months or so (or the crazy fanboys on the forums!). Luckily, just as I realised I have had enough of paying them for a service I don't like, up popped GSC to save the day :)
And for the same price I paid for 2 broken iRacing cars last season I get brilliant online & offline racing in fantastic cars on loads of mainly new (for me) tracks.
I also occasionally fire up Netkar Pro and check out the latest development in C.A.R.S. but the fact I've already clocked up 700 laps of Curitiba in the last couple of weeks in GSC says it all really :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%