Can't get my screen in the right proportions?

Arggggggggg, Dear Guy's, after reinstalling updates 1..........7, and the latest 8, I can't get my screen working in 1680-1050!
I made these settings in INI, but still no luck. Some help would be very appriciated, Thanks very much..............appie.

...after reinstalling updates 1..........7, and the latest 8, I can't get my screen working in 1680-1050!
I made these settings in INI, but still no luck.

A few things to check:

1. In the Richard Burns Rally.ini

XRes = 1680
YRes = 1050

2. In the FixUp.ini (Plugins Folder)

fixAspectRatio=1

3. In RSCenter (under File\Settings\Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio)

Select 16/10

for rFactor, I have chosen 1366x768. Can I set it on 1 too?

Not sure, but I suspect it might if that is a native screen resolution for your monitor.

Give it a go and try it. Just change the settings in RBR.ini first to your resolution.
You may need to check the other settings I mentioned earlier. If it doesn't work, just go back to your current resolution, or even try others.

Basically since you're using 1366x768 RBR thinks it should use ui settings for 1280x1024. There's an easy fix for that.
Open misc.rbz in your root RBR folder with winrar or something similar and depending on whether you're using mini or full dash
extract either minidash_1280.ini or digidash_1280.ini into the misc folder. After that open it in any text editor and play a bit with the 2 Hud position numbers to bring it back on screen. Can't really give you exact numbers since i don't use that resolution but that should help.

Basically since you're using 1366x768 RBR thinks it should use ui settings for 1280x1024. There's an easy fix for that.
Open misc.rbz in your root RBR folder with winrar or something similar and depending on whether you're using mini or full dash
extract either minidash_1280.ini or digidash_1280.ini into the misc folder. After that open it in any text editor and play a bit with the 2 Hud position numbers to bring it back on screen. Can't really give you exact numbers since i don't use that resolution but that should help.

Gave it a try and managed to get it in position. It seems a bit distorted, maybe due to conflicting resolutions, but does the job. Thank you for this hint!

After the file has been extracted and modified what do you do with the file? Doesn't seem to change anything and its bugging me!

Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back