Can't get GTR 2 to work with the patch

I have D/L it several times, can't get it to work with the patch so I just tried it w/o it, it runs. Now my Thrustmaster T300 wheel feels too limp. I am too used to the way it feels in RF2,RRE. I don't feel connected to the road. Ant ideas?

I know rF2 very well and short answer GTR2 will never feel like rF2 (it won't be as detailed), but it can be close enough by my standards. Some cars feel shockingly close to rF2. By me it is better than R3E FFB, that I was never happy with (at least pre update one, maybe it got better now). My suggestion is not to judge FFB/physics by stock content/cars. The only physics version for stock content that kinda reminded me of rF2 is NAP mod, but I could never get it work with AI.

So bottom line, try many mods - you may find some that feel very good (which is subjective of course). I could suggest EEC 2.3 from https://esport-racing.de/, FRM Touring Cars from https://gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/ . Some cars from Power & Glory are very good too. But that's just me, you should try it yourself :)

Also, if you miss stationary friction, there's a plugin that adds that.

Last edited:
If you mean the Anniversary patch everything is working just fine, you just need to read and follow the readme.
Yes, the anniversary patch. Is it even worth it? For some reason, I am not getting it right. I did it before,but that was with a CD. Now I D/L it from Steam and try and followed that protocol. I don't get the make a copy and new folder?

Last edited:
GTR2 can be used in many ways. I use many Steam GTR2 copies, typically per mod, because that way game starts faster, and because different mods need different settings - for example: h-shifted, sequential, paddles, open wheeler vs tin top etc. Also, some mods work great at full details, while others need medium, same for sound volume levels - they are different per mod. So it is easier to have mods separate, unless you enjoy fiddling with settings all the time.

Copy step: you need to find where GTR2 is in steam, and create and save copy of that for future use. And then, install Anniversary on copy of copy of that.

Whether it is worth it it depends: it makes FIA GT 2003/2004 cars and tracks look very nice, adds rain wipers, is required if you want to beautify PnG and also FIA GT 2005 and much more. Run gtr233_setup.cmd to see all the options. But for other mods, I personally tend to just copy things I need over - tracks, UI, wiper textures as many mods are pretty self contained with their own tracks and enhancements.

GTR2 has several age related bugs that make it harder for game to start. Crew Chief app contains a plugin that fixes Steam GTR2 startup problems. You can find more info on that plugin at thecrewchief.org. Everything you need to know is in the plugin manual and if you want Anniversary patch, in the readme of the patch.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back