Can't get dedicated server to show up

Hi, i've just been trying to set up a dedicated server and it just refuses to show. a shortcut to the server ip creates a time out, too.

I have the ports unblocked on my router the same way i would for rfactor, but no luck. Not sure where to go from here...

18lzqe.jpg

Read the FAQ.
Which ports do I need to open on a dedicated server in order to host?
TCP port 34747 must be opened. In addition to this the UDP port numbers are listed in the multiplayer.ini as 34597 and 34697 by default need to be opened. You need to open from these two UDP numbers upwards for each server you have open.

I had already read this and unblocked the ports. What is it in the FAQ you think I'm missing?

I did try and disable the Windows firewall temporarily but still no go. Im not sure about the router logs, cant seem to find them, if you got any experience with D-Link routers feel free to guide me through the step to find them.

I also checked if my ports are open with Port Detective and it says they are open.

Oh hang on. Can you get someone else to check if they can join the server, from outside of your network?

If your hosting it with in your own network you need to change internet mode to LAN in the options bit, otherwise you won't be able to see it.

Ye I did try the LAN option with the same result, no server found.
I have a hard time finding someone outside to help me out. I will let the server run for now and if anyone is reading this feel free to check out if you can see and enter my server.
The server name is "100mbit Test Server"

Thanks James and Alex.
Now I´m really confused, one can enter the server just fine and the other one cant even see it and I have no idea where to go from here. The server is obviously up and running sens Alex was on, does this mean the issue is on client side?

I went to the dlink forums and searched for "game stock car" and "rfactor" without a single hit =/

Ye I did try the LAN option but it does not show up, tried to add the server manually (still in LAN mode) by clicking the blue + button next to the refresh button and enter 192.168.0.10 i tried with and without adding the port 34597 but still no go. Is there run command so I can force the game to connect to the server on startup? Was thinking something like we did back in the days with quake world "...\GSC\GSC.exe -connect 192.168.0.10:34597"

Good to know it´s online anyway. Thank you all for testing and troubleshooting for me. I will keep look around and see if I can figure something out and you suddenly get a light bulb above your head gimme a shout will you =)

The server will be up and running for now if you want to race.

hey guys, i have the same problem, i set up a dedicated from home, same game pc, my server appears in the list but when me or a friend trys to join it its timed out,when i create a server ingame, it doesnt appear in the list, after some searches i found this thread and manually did the IP thing, i can now connect to my server but im not in the lobby...its empty.. even myself is not in the list..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 203 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%