Can't Get Custom HUD to Appear......

I followed the directions in this video to the letter (except for using a different car/track combo since I don't have the Porsche Cayman...), but I don't see the new HUD on screen anywhere.

Can someone view the video and comment on whether the procedure outlined is accurate? (Maybe Mike skipped a step or two?) I loaded "dash", then ran RRE3 (64 bit) from Steam. I set "Gameplay Options - HUD" exactly as shown in the video and even have the Virtual Mirror showing up (like Mike has), but there's no HUD.

Does anyone have any ideas to make this Custom HUD work for me?

Thanks!

Some guides are so simple that I don't really see why videos are even required. This is one of those cases, particularly as the required startup command can be copied and pasted directly to ensure no errors are made.
  • Download and extract public/dash.zip.
  • Run dash.exe.
  • Add the following to the game launch arguments:
    Code:
    -webdev -webHudUrl=https://sector3studios.github.io/webhud/dist/
  • Start the game.
That's all there is to it. The HUD will appear when you hit the track.

... even have the Virtual Mirror showing up...
The virtual mirror is not part of the WebHUD, it's an in-game option you can turn on and off using the menus or mapped keyboard command.

Put this in launch option in steam
-webHudUrl=https://scouthud.github.io/fusion/
That is not the HUD shown in the video, it's a different customised version.

Is there any real advantage with this new HUD?
Yep. It looks like it was designed in the year 2019 instead of the year 1999 for a start! :D

But as well as that, it offers a wealth of other information that simply isn't available with the basic in-game HUD. More fuel info, tyre wear and temperature, full damage bars, live lap time deltas, multi-class compatible position bar, a Helicorsa-style radar, and more. And as well as all the apps you can also display all kinds of live telemetry data on-screen. The one and only thing it lacks is it's own track map, but you can still have the in-game one activated at the same time so no problem there.

In short, yes, the new HUD has real advantages. :) And if you don't like the look of this one, there are already two other community made versions available over on the S3 forums.

And moreover ... you may modify size and places on screen for all Hud elements in the game itself.
Just something I always appreciated in AC.
This one is different but has the same advantages ... except, for now, you need to launch the tool before starting game.

Just a habit to take ... but I already have it, as it just replaces for me the "R3E HUD Manager" ;)
And no VR but TrackIR for me .... or choose TS or Discord according to the place I'm driving at. :D

Perfectly right, Pierre :thumbsup:
As mostly we start CC just before a session ... we regularly forget to read the added feature when we're proposed to install the new version.
Now I read them carefully :whistling:.... I noticed this new feature and just activated the right property ... and it's perfectly working.

Thanks a lot for your reminder ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing