Can't get a desktop shortcut with attributes to work

I'm trying to set up a shortcut on my desk so I can join a server quickly.

I wrote this in the target text field "D:\Spel\GSC 2013\GSC.exe" +connect <IP:pORT> +password "<PASSWORD>"

The shortcut makes the game connect to the server but I still have to enter the password manually. I tried running the command in a command shell and it works fine.

Any ideas what's wrong with my shortcut?

I tried without quotes and single quotes, still same thing, the documentation on rFactor says double quotes and it works with double quotes when running from a command shell so it's not it.

It seems like the password attribute doesn't get passed along. When I deliberately enter wrong password in the command shell I get a message saying "Bad password" but when running the shortcuts I only get the "Enter password" message no matter if the password is wrong or right.

Ok, so I enabled the trace attribute and here are the results

When running from the shortcut the log file looks like this

TRACE LEVEL = 1
NetComm.cpp 11276: NetComm checking command line: "trace=1 +connect 127.0.0.1:34597 +password SecretPassword"
NetComm.cpp 11372: NetComm activated autojoin mode

And when ran from the command shell it looks like this

TRACE LEVEL = 1
NetComm.cpp 11276: NetComm checking command line: "trace=1 +connect 127.0.0.1:34597 +password "SecretPassword""
NetComm.cpp 11297: Setting Game Password to: "SecretPassword"
NetComm.cpp 11372: NetComm activated autojoin mode

From what I can see the double quotes around the password doesn't gets removed and thus it wont work. What's going on here? =/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%