Can't find exe file of RACE 07

only not of "steam" i have reinstal GTRevo after long time, and i have detected that i cant find EXE-file of Race07 or GTRevo.
for this i cant put in my G27 prifiler exe of games and all efects settings from developers :( that is very very bad!!!

sry, for bad english.

yes :( maybe i have some problems...
nmi438.jpg

Steam is so bad, I hate it.

Internet down = can't play
Internet slow, takes days to install
Loading times much slower
Loose access to your account = cannot play and have to buy the game again!
Cannot install the game into a custom folder or another HDD
Steam support sucks, takes days or even weeks to answer emails

As for digital downloads, would it be possible to download a DVD image like an ISO or DMG (Mac) instead and manage this medium ourselves?

Steam doesn't combat piracy, it just creates hassle for the people that pay for there games!

Steam constantly crashes and boots me out of my games. I've tried so hard to get along with steam. It just sucks and has ruined games on the PC for me.

If a game comes out on Steam I avoid it like the plague!

That's just not true.

Yup, that's Steam's fault all right.

What? How would you lose access to your account?
If you have the billing info, you don't have to buy anything again.

How is that? One of the advantages of having your games on Steam is that you can install it on any computer, and your games would be there.
If you mean different games on different folders/HDDs, then yes, that's a no go.

Steam doesn't combat piracy, it just creates hassle for the people that pay for there games!
I've been using it for a few years now, and I'm actually buying games. No hassle, no piracy. My mileage varies.

As for digital downloads, would it be possible to download a DVD image like an ISO or DMG (Mac) instead and manage this medium ourselves?

Hmmm not sure this helps but you can make iso backups of games installed on steam by rightclicking and then choosing backup local files.
Used to do so when i was on a 4mbit line cant be bothered anymore on my 30mbit though so have not used it in a while used to work well anyways

ISOKIX said:

Offline mode. Works fine.

ISOKIX said:

Many Steam games, including Race 07 and all of its expansions, are also available on DVD. No one is forcing you to buy from Steam themselves.

ISOKIX said:

Rubbish. My loading times with the online/offline versions of Race 07 are identical.

ISOKIX said:

Follow Steams ToS and protect your password, and you won't lose access.

ISOKIX said:

Oh really? Perhaps you can explain how I managed to do it then?

ISOKIX said:

This is the one thing you said that is actually true.

ISOKIX said:

Buy the DVD version or, like Chris said, use Steams built in backup system. I used it just a couple of months ago, and it works perfectly.

ISOKIX said:

Then don't use it. No one is forcing you to do so.

ISOKIX said:
Steam constantly crashes and boots me out of my games.

Sounds like you have an unstable system to me, which is not Steams fault.

Oh, and for the record I hate Steam too. However, I hate groundless rants even more. :wink:

Then don't use it. No one is forcing you to do so.

Have to correct you a little on that one :wink:

For simbin games idd noone is forcing him however for certain newer games out there if you want to play online you NEED to lock it on steam (Call of Duty Black Ops for example) wich didnt make me a happy buyer as now i can never sell it to someone should i get bored of it.

ps. Im no steam fan either :p

You have a point there, but I was meaning more along the lines of just avoiding Steam and everything to do with it if he really hates it so so so much. Sure, you might have to miss out on a few games that insist on forcing you to use the service, but hey... if using it is that painful for him, then playing those games wouldn't be any fun anyway. :tongue:

Please help !!!! i just can not play Race 07, when i open it in steam to play i constantly get mini dump crash and the game just shuts down.
1. i have checked game property for missing files all up to date
2. i run windows 8.1

Steam constantly crashes and boots me out of my games. I've tried so hard to get along with steam. It just sucks and has ruined games on the PC for me.

Of course you can install games to different hard drives.

And I formatted my PC last weekend, didn't need to find installers etc. - I just copied back my steamapps/common folder back, click Install Game on each game in Steam, and it does it automatically.

And if your internet is down, start Steam in offline mode. ;)

So easy.

@John Grant Is it possible you have XD installed? It's a small program you run in Race07 to add an incockpit realtime viewed info system. If you have that and a program like MSI Afterburner for your video card you have a DLL conflict and Race07 will not run.

Have you installed Race07 alone or addon's as well? If STCC, Rae On and others have been installed, make sure you are using the Race07 icon to start the game the first time after installation.

Assuming you have a Steam install, just delete the files in your Race07 folder and Steam will reinstall them.

Thanks for the feed back. yes i have RACE 07 and also Race 07 add on, I read what you wrote earlier about deleting Files Race 07 and it seemed to have fixed the problem.
I am just not sure what you mean about "Is it possible you have XD installed? It's a small program you run in Race07 to add an incockpit realtime viewed info system. If you have that and a program like MSI Afterburner" Should i install these programs

Afterburner is is just one of many programs, having nothing to so with Race 07, that help boost performance of graphics cards. It's not needed at all.

XD, found here is very nice to have and many of us use it. Some of the information it presents is already available in game but XD allows you to see realtime tire temps, fuel usage , times and places, so much more!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.6%