Can't download setups of others

R

Ralph5851

• Ralph5851

Can sombody please explain to why in my Race 07 online game I cannot receive sombody elses car setup or how do I download a setup of my own.
Is it because I have some old version of Race 07?

• Ralph5851

Oh I didn't realise there was a folder invovle.
But somebody downloaded a car setup to me and told me I should be able to see it in car setup menu and then clicking on the File button.
If this is true then Iam puzzled why I couldn't see it,
could anybody shed some light on it,
All I can imagine is I have some old version but updates should take care of that?
Thank you for any reply.

If you download the setup through the in-ame browser you will find it in the right track in the game's browser automatically.

If he sent you the file outside of the game you need to place it in the directory on your computer manually. Since the recent update the folder is located at "My Documents\SimBin\Race 07\UserData\<your username>\CarSetups\"

Make sure you place it in the right folder for the track you want to use it at. Then when your in the game it should showup on the "File" tab of the setup screen.

In the car-settins-menu (where you can load and save your own settings) is a button in the bottom right corner called "online". click it and wait for the authentication. if you cant see a setup, maybe noboby has load one up until now.

another question. if i like to vote for one of the online-setings in the in-game browser. what is better 1 or 10 ??? i think its made a bit stupid :)

cheers
moritz

• Ralph5851

Well thats puzzling because at I don't have an ONLINE button at the bottom right
corner under Car setup menu then clicking on the File button ,its just not there.
Any suggestions as to why?
Thank you.

Ehm are you playing RACE - The WTCC Game by any chance? Brown box cover and not a white one?

Like this:
splash4_06.jpg

• Ralph5851

Well, as far as I can tell I always thought I had the online version.
But to answer everbodies questions,
1) I have steam which lauches Race 07
2) I have Race 07 - official WTCC game, and the box cover is white.
But the question I have now is how to tell if its an offline version or an online version.
I thought an offline version can't be played online; is this not correct?
Thank you for any response.

Going on what you have said you have the Online version (launches via Steam). Do you have just Race 07 or Race 07 + GTR-E bundle?, IIRC the download setup feature only appeared with the GTR-E expansion so without the expansion you won't be able to upload\download setups.

If this is the case just get your mate to email you the setup and then drop it in the relevant folder, obviously if the setup is for a car that only came with GTR-E\STCC it won't be much to use to you.

HTH

• Ralph5851

The next question I have ,can I download GTR-E to bundle it with my Race 07.
I have also GTR2 installed on my computer,is it similar to GTR-E?
Point being I don't want to pay for the same thing twice.
Thank you.

GTR-E is the same as GTR2 in so much as it includes some GT Classes but it is quite different to GTR2 and a worthwhile expansion for Race 07. You can get the expansion here http://store.steampowered.com/app/8660/

Just to be sure you know what to look for before spending any more dosh if you go into the car setup screen you should see an online files Button, bottom right, which takes you to the Online setup browser here. If you don't have this then I think as I said these features only came along with GTR-E. Please don't go spending money until someone has confirmed this though.

Regards

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing