F1 2010 Can't Decline Ferrari Contract

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I just won season 2 title after spa (won every race) and now ferrari have offered me 18,500,000 for driver #2, but i cant reject the offer like the other teams.

Also I have noticed if I am looking at my team (Red Bull) in the agent list, it says my team mate is Webber, but its actually Vettel!?:confused:

An offer you can't refuse.....!

I had an offer, among others, from Ferrari :car:, for £12m to be No2 driver, I turned it down as I was No2 driver at Red Bull on £14m at the time. I also turned down the contract offers from all teams as well.
Ferrari :car: then put in another offer, this time for £20m for the No2 seat to Alonso.
I can't "refuse" it and yet I can still refuse the offers from all the other teams, despite the fact that I won the team-mate challenge with Vettel :snail: I beat him by a"country mile" as it were, as well as beating Alonso in the "challenge" (blue dot in race) :banana:

Maybe that ticked off Vettel and he then threw his toys out of his pram after being beaten by the No2 driver in my first season with a new team!

:damnit:
So it would seem that I'm now stuck with "accepting" the No2 seat at Ferrari, despite the fact I wanted to stay at Red Bull and be the No1 driver and decide what course of action in updates/mods/improvements etc to make to the car. The team are (or rather... were, as it appears I am on the move!) more than happy with me, according to the feedback I got from reading the info after press interviews, and also the comments from "the Moose" (aka the "female"(!?) agent) and as you can't "step back" ie restart from a saved point earlier in the season I have now no option but to accept the deal from Ferrari as I can't start a new season without accepting a new contract, as I've not got one from Red Bull!

So I'm now in my 3rd season and with my 3rd team as I started with Lotus.. it would appear to me that I'm a "mercenary" in F1 2010 as I am beginning to look like a transient.. on the move all the time for higher pay, I'm not worried by the higher pay but I'd prefer to stay at one team for more than one season.. as I bigged up Red Bull bigtime all season.. saying I was happy there and we had a good "working relationship etc".
Or are they miffed that I beat their No1 driver, Vettel?

:offtopic: On a slightly different note... this may well be better off posted in the Blips/gaffs/hitches section, call it what you will. I was(!) No 2 driver to Vettel at Red Bull, yet in the motorhome when I looked at the contract section, and went to the Team info there for Red Bull.. I was listed as No2 driver to Mark Webber!

Ho hum.... at least there was no horses head in the bed when I refused the first offer from Ferrari!
And on that note.. I wonder if they'll send me a fish wrapped in paper?

If you can't decline it, just don't accept it then.
If you don't accept an offer for a long time they'll withdraw it eventually. :)

If you took the time to read my post correctly then you will find that I cannot do anything but accept the offer from Ferrari :car:

So it would seem that I'm now stuck with "accepting" the No2 seat at Ferrari, despite the fact I wanted to stay at Red Bull and be the No1 driver and decide what course of action in updates/mods/improvements etc to make to the car. The team are (or rather... were, as it appears I am on the move!) more than happy with me, according to the feedback I got from reading the info after press interviews, and also the comments from "the Moose" (aka the "female"(!?) agent) and as you can't "step back" ie restart from a saved point earlier in the season I have now no option but to accept the deal from Ferrari as I can't start a new season without accepting a new contract, as I've not got one from Red Bull!

So as you see I am now stuck with a move I didn't want. They, Ferrari :car: , didn't withdraw the offer and neither did any other team either. Those contract offers I refused, as they were all lower paid, albeit some were No1 seats. I haven't had the joy of that in any season I've raced in so far and as I chose to "ignore" the offer from :car: Ferrari, as was suggested by other people who had a similar "prob" with offers from Ferrari, these are mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and another thread as well if I recall correctly.

Hence this sidenote at the end of my post

Ho hum.... at least there was no horses head in the bed when I refused the first offer from Ferrari!
And on that note.. I wonder if they'll send me a fish wrapped in paper?

I have no wish to be swimming with the fishes..lol
So I have no option but to accept the "offer" from :car: Ferrari and slag them off during the season.. and see if I can wangle a move to McLaren.. my "local" team.

Thinks: *hmmm I may have to take a trip there and see some friends who do actually work there and see if they can wangle a seat on the team for me!* :tongue: :D :wink:

(btw my "ranking", the number that shows up onscreen during the season, is now 31)

Someone hattes Alonso?? ... That is the price of been the best :) ... don't think he cares to much lol ... Alonso should have 2 more titles at home if is not of that litte laboratory rat call Hamilton and the Mclaren mafia. They just did bad that year destroying a great 2 years of Alonso. Alonso is the best driver out there and is not because I say it :) .... but well, I hate that Hamilton fellaw cant even look at him ... a punk :)
I like Ferrary even before Alonso was part of their team, there is not a team I don't like :) ... love Lotus from the old times.
I cannot agree with this synopsis of the Alonso/Hamilton period at McLaren
Alonso was given #1 driver status and the team actively hindered Hamilton at Monaco, holding him in the pits until impossible for him to set a better quali time. It was only when Hamilton errupted from this that they had to choose. Alonso has always been gracious so long as he is thrashing his team mate. The close fight at McLaren vs Hamilton brought out an insecure bitter side that was not admirable. For a lesson in manhood and sportmanship look at Buttton. No complaints at Honda. WC at Brawn. Tough but fair and genuine team mate at McLaren.
The End

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years