Can't Click After Alt-Tabbing

Whenever I alt-tab out of the game, I am unable to click on or select anything. I can see the game is still running and that it receives inputs from my controller (if I alt-tab while in the garage, I can see in the small tv that my camera and wheel are moving). However, none of my mouse inputs register. I also made sure I didn't have ENBSeries, XD, or the Map plugin installed and I even removed d3d9.dll to no avail. Running in windowed doesn't help either.

Any solutions or input would be appreciated!

Does it only concern your mouse ? what about the keyboard, is it the same ?
I never heard of that one either but it looks like a loss of focus

Last edited:
Never had that one. Got the latest video drivers? Try shutting down all other apps and traybar icons.
They're already up to date, tried closing all my other programs but it didn't work.
Does it only concern your mouse ? what about the keyboard, is it the same ?
I never heard of that one either but it looks like a loss of focus
It appears now that whenever I press a key on my keyboard, the game freezes till I alt-tab out and in. But when I do alt-tab back in, the mouse doesn't work.

Edit: The keyboard still works when I alt-tab back in.

Last edited:
Many games do not like losing focus and will lock up or even lock the system, usually when trying to return to them; this is especially true if using ALT+TAB from anywhere other than a menu screen (don't just exit the track, data is still being processed there). You may get around this by running the game in a VM and switch from the VM to the main system, but I wouldn't count on it.

I recall that ALT-TAB was broken with ENBseries plugin, that is why I removed it from hq anniversary patch long time ago. It is sad as this was the best looking hdr mod on my pc with very little fps hit.

So try to disable any plugin/3rd app associated with gtr2.exe and redo test.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back