F1 2013 Can't change my player name

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a problem that doesn't make me change my name. At the start menu it asks you "what's your name'' it says player One, when I try to change it it doesn't make me. I press enter, backspace, nothing happens. When I go in the game as Player One I try to change it in the options, but that doesn't allow me either

I have a problem that doesn't make me change my name. At the start menu it asks you "what's your name'' it says player One, when I try to change it it doesn't make me. I press enter, backspace, nothing happens. When I go in the game as Player One I try to change it in the options, but that doesn't allow me either

I have the same problem!
Also in a race when I want to save a setup I can't because I can't write the name..so stupid. I think the game have some troubles with the keyboard :(
Keep me updated

ps: Windows 7 64bit

What about if you just start typing?

I tried to click in the box, hit enter, then started typing. By pot-luck something worked.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I just fiddled for a few seconds and it worked.

Hi mate, if you have a wheel plugged in - the keyboard doesnt work in F1 2013 - this appears to be a known issue....
Click me

Try unplugging your wheel until you have entered your name...

For me doesn't work anyway.
I explain better: only keyboard is plugged (no gamepad or wheel), I open F1 2013 and when I press Enter on "Name - Player" to change the name does not open any box where I write the name! :( Is so strange!
The same happens when I try to assign a name to a car's setup :redface: ..nothing.

NB: I wonder if there is a way to change the user name out of the game. In F1 2012 in "Start - Run - Regedit" you could modify a string in the registry key in which is stored your user name .. but I can not find any of that for F1 2013.

OK I have just done a quick test ..... and this seems to work. I have only got my keyboard connected at the moment, I would have to test again when I connect my wheel

1/ Start the game and just leave the names alone, accept it as it is (Player One?)

2/ MyF1 > Driver Information > Driver Details > Now you can change both names

3/ If autosave is on, then it will save

4/ Close game and re-start, you will now see your new name as the driver

:)

Edit: I have confirmed that it still work with my wheel plugged in (G27). I have just booted with the wheel and change may name back to how it was before.

Last edited:
OK I have just done a quick test ..... and this seems to work. I have only got my keyboard connected at the moment, I would have to test again when I connect my wheel

1/ Start the game and just leave the names alone, accept it as it is (Player One?)

Try saving your setups! ;)

Edit: I have confirmed that it still work with my wheel plugged in (G27). I have just booted with the wheel and change may name back to how it was before.

I am using a Xbox 360 controller for PC.
I followed your steps but unfortunately, into Driver Information/ Driver Details ... I can't modify my name pressing enter or clicking with the mouse. :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%