Can't begin. Program not working for me

A

AlexCuria

• AlexCuria

Hi I downloaded and installed recently the latest version of BTB 7.0.6 (FULL DOWNLOAD).

It gives me the following error:

Unhandled Exception

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException. ......... --> System.ID.FileNotFoundException.......

I have following specs:

PIV 3.0 GHz
1.2 GB RAM
Radeon 9250 AGP 128MB
Pixel Shader 1.4

Latest DirectX 9.0c drivers: Yes
Microsoft .Net 2.0 framework installed: Yes
Windows XP SP3 (32bit): Yes

I think it's because of the old graphic card which only has 128MB and Pixel Shader 1.4 but the strange thing is that I tried BTB a month ago and it worked. Could it be that the new version needs more specs?

Anyway, I have a second question which is probably more important than the first one.

I have a computer at home and another one at the office. Can I run two installs of BTB with the same licence? I usually have more spare time at home but I would like to continue "working" at work LOL

Thanks for your help
Alex

nope that card is using a 1.4!!!instead of a shader >2.0

time to invest into a new pc or a new stronger video card.

The VisionTek XTASY 9250 powered by ATI's RADEON 9250 Visual Processing Unit provides power to the mainstream value segment by providing the best 2D/3D performance in its class. High performance of the XTASY 9250 Series is matched by competitive features and extra horsepower to deliver barrier-free entertainment. Four rendering pipelines and the fastest 3D gaming performance in its class enables you to experience more engaging characters and environments.XTASY 9250 Series sets new levels for visual realism in graphics and video content. SMARTSHADER supports Microsoft DirectX 8.1 feature sets, enabling more complex and realistic lighting effects. SMOOTHVISION delivers the sharpest, clearest textures without sacrificing frame rates. FULLSTREAM produces smoother-looking, higher quality streaming Internet content without putting extra strain on the CPU while VIDEO IMMERSION integrates features to provide unprecedented support for digital and high definition video.The XTASY RADEON 9250 features ATI's renowned SMARTSHADER technology, an advanced pixel shader engine with 4 parallel pixel pipelines capable of moving 1.0 Gigapixels per/second! FULLSTREAM technology removes compression artifacts which results in sharper image quality for downloaded videos The XTASY RADEON 9250 delivers the most beautifully rendered high-definition 3D animation available in its class.With VIDEOSHADER technology, the 9250 takes advantage of an extremely advanced shader processing engine for user programmable video effects, video quality enhancement, and encoding/ decoding supported on popular video standards, including MPEG, Real Media, DivX and WMV9

• AlexCuria

Thanks for the answers. I was already guessing that the vid card was too old, but I thought I would ask anyway.

@Guerra8888, gracias, ya estoy comprando poco a poco las piezas para montar un PC con mejores prestaciones. Ya tengo la CPU, las memorias DDR3 y me falta la placa y la gráfica. Poco a poco ;)

• AlexCuria

don't only look at the video cards, check your psu too. i'm running 800w just for my card. just to be safe:)

you didn't say about the microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributables are they installed.
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...FamilyID=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee

Don't know if the C++ libraries are installed but will check later. Thanks

btw. Apart from feeding the hardware, is there any other reason for having a strong PSU? I mean does the software stress so much the hardware that it needs more juice? My actual PSU has 600w (21v + 22v on each rail).

There are lots of great reasons to have the Best Power supply you can afford in your system.

It as important to your PC system, as your Monitor is to your eyes.

Funny how Power supplies and monitors are usually the things most tend to skimp on in a system. These are and should be two of the highest priorites in your PC.

However, I am not going to dwell into all the technical bs that comes with this territory and I will just leave it to my almost 35 years of experince in electronics and the last 10 years working with a graphics processor manufacturer and video card designer for the PC market.

And I am nowhere near an expert. ... I wont even try to come off as one as some do.

I have learned one thing in life so far ...

"The more I learn, the more I realize on how much less I know"

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing