Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I think race grids (cars only) are saved in:

Home > App Data > Local > ACTools Content Manager > Presets > Race Grids

I don't want to give you the wrong information so it might be better if someone else answered your other questions - or perhaps you could ask at the Sol Discord. I'm glad you're enjoying CM. Having installed Sol and the Shaders Patch today, I'm full of questions myself! :)

OK gonna check that and this thread.
I got it all work just have to learn weather plan:) so I dont have to be limited to one weather per race...its all new in Sol 1.1

I also waited too long to play with CM!What a great thing.Donated also and got key same day.Do you know in which folder Content menager saves that presets for custom AI grid and other CMm settings?I wanna back up that so in future I have all presets.Thanks!
Also with OK install of CM,patch and SOL.Do we have extension folder only in MODS folder or like me extension folder exist also in root Assetto Corsa folder?I have 2 of those folders

If I understand the system correctly, the MODS folder is the 'storage' area for mods for JSGME/CM. When you add a new mod (which is correctly set up for these tools) it gets added to these folders for safe keeping. When you enable it, it gets copied to the correct place in the AC directory so it works. This way the mod tool always has a copy of the mod's files so nothing is permanently overwritten.

Can you elaborate? How were you changing video outputs and is that the profile you had to reset? If I create a profile for controls in CM and launch from CM the pedals operate the wheels and the steering does nothing. If, once in AC I reload the same profile it seems to work. It's nuts. And I'm not doing anything with Video outputs.

Hi,

I drive in Assetto Corsa on my PC with a Dualshock 4. No matter which buttons I press, Content Manager will not let me assign a controller button to activate DRS on the RSS Hybrid cars. I was able to assign them for menus and my headlights, but, it will not accept any button for DRS. If I'm racing and the AI's are using it, I want to as well. What do I do? I can't keep taking my hand off the controller to press a key.

Didn't want to start a new thread so I hope it's appropriate to add on to this.. But do you guys ever run into this problem? (See pic) I ended up just installing the mod manually, but I've come across this a couple times.. Thanks for a fix!
opxooo.jpg

Honestly, there are so many different reasons to get "Race cancelled"... you can't just say "no one has solved it" as there is not just one cause for it. Need an example? Just try joining a server were there's only one car left. If someone else was quicker, you just get "Race cancelled" in Content Manager. Real reason is that there was no free car left when you were ready to join. Took me a lot of time to realize because I had to manually refresh the server info...

So don't just assume anyone will "solve" "it" for you as we don't even know what issue you in your own case have. Post details, logs, ... or else, don't post anything. Thanks.

I have ordered a new PC, and would like to export all my times and stats in CM to the new PC. Does anyone know how if it's possible or are all my times and stats saved withing AC?

Always using CM and all my times and stats are present in the Documents/Assetto Corsa.

NB: I just checked my yesterday laptimes and they are saved there. I also checked the Appdata for CM and don't see anything related to stats in the AcTools Content Manager/Data (User) folder.
As they are already stored in the Documents/Assetto Corsa, I don't see why it should be stored in CM as it's not a specific CM modification or preset.

Thank you for the tip.
I didn't know it saved in Documents/Assetto Corsa.
But I found the CM saves data (under the progress folder) so I'm going to try copying the files over to the new PC when I get it and see if it will work.

I already reinstalled AC and saved files of the Documents on a new Hdd ... and I know it works.
( NB of course for setups, replays and controller settings )

So surely it might work also with the CM Appdata .... just save them and you'll know afterwards if it works or not. ;) ( whole or partially )
Good luck.

That's just a small (rounding?) ui bug. It just means that those files aren't compressed, so original and compressed columns will match (hence no ratio is reported). It's not meant to preview compression results, just report the actual state.
After pressing "compress" the sizes reported on compressed column will be much smaller.

So I should expect a 40-50ish% decrease in file size based on what I read above, correct?

oh and if I add new cars that I just downloaded after de compression process, can I run it again?
can files be compressed multiple times?

Last edited:
After a nightmare with Doublespace that necessitated me wiping my entire computer back in the 90's, any form of file compression scares the hell out of me! I have a 1TB SSD anyway and it's not half full yet. That's with 778 cars and 221 tracks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 446 39.4%