Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Are there quality reviews/evaluations of the huge amount of content that one can access? And is there a user's guide to ACC Content Manager?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT... Just started reading all the things one can do in this program... amazing. I think it's going to take lots of time to get good w/ this.

Last edited:
You're right, there's a lot to get your head around with CM.

I recommend you do a system image of your C drive after doing a clean install of AC and CM. That way you can always roll back your PC to a clean state if you feel things are too messed up. You should also take a copy of the entire AC game folder under ….\common\ in case you want to restore default file set, cars, tracks etc.

If your PC is reasonable then you should install the latest Custom Shaders Patch and latest SOL mod. You can install latest
Custom Shaders Patch from within CM without downloading elsewhere. The SOL mod is available to download from Race Department here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/ . Remember to follow all the install guide for SOL.

Once you have both of them you can tweak additional video effects in the Custom Shaders Patch tab and you can select the SOL_ACC post process filter from the Assetto Corsa Video tab.

Now when you are in game you can open the SOL Config app and play with time of day, weather etc. It can take a while to get to grips with all the light settings to get how you want. I had a lot of trouble with headlights not working and found using a gamepad was causing a lot of the issues. When I used a wheel it all seemed to work easier for the headlights. I remember having to tick the box for 'turn on headlight lights with AI' for them to work. Don't ask me where this setting is as I always forget (not in an obvious location). You need to play with this setting to see what works for you. Don't forget to map headlights on / off to a wheel button as well.

Remember to save CM settings as new profiles so you can always go back to known good settings. Different tabs have their own profiles you can save.

Car and track mod zip files just have to be dragged from explorer to the CM window. You will get a little green icon appear in top right of CM, click on this and select install mod that is now listed. This usually works for cars / tracks / skins / sounds. You sometimes have to be careful that the zip file has the right folder structure to align with what you have installed (most issues when installing skins and sounds as they don't always point to the right car or track folder.

If it all becomes a mess then you will still be able to roll back with the backups I suggested.

Hi,
i have a problem with Assetto Corsa, im using Content Manager and Sol. And i reinstalled Assetto Corsa + COntent Manager and SOl, already to check if the problem goes away, but it doesnt.
Everything works very fine and it looks great, but 7 out of 10 times, when i pause the game and click on direct replay it goes night....and even after that when i restart the race it stays at night....This occurs most of the time. Ive already uninstalled SOL and reinstalled it. And i switched Custom Shaders Pacth versions. Ive tried 1.46, 1.51, 1.52, 1.61. And yesterday ive downloadet it the newer version of SOL, but the problem stays. I had this problem even before i uninstalled Assetto COrsa completely and SOL und Custom Shaders Patch....
Ah, and the saved replays are fine, there it works everything. Its only the problem with the direct replays.
Maybe someone can help me, and big thumps up for Peter Boese, SOL is great!!!
Sorry for my bad english (Berlin/germany).

Last edited:
Captura de pantalla (293).png
Hi!
For a couple of days now I can't find the "unpack data" feature in the content tab. I'm currently working on a mod and this unpack/pack data is vital as it allows me to see how the physics in other cars work, and then work on mine knowing what other cars have. Also I can fix physics from other cars with this feature.
Has this feature been removed, moved elsewhere or is this an issue I have and I need to reinstall Content Manager? I own the full version of CM

View attachment 385272Hi!
For a couple of days now I can't find the "unpack data" feature in the content tab. I'm currently working on a mod and this unpack/pack data is vital as it allows me to see how the physics in other cars work, and then work on mine knowing what other cars have. Also I can fix physics from other cars with this feature.
Has this feature been removed, moved elsewhere or is this an issue I have and I need to reinstall Content Manager? I own the full version of CM
You are probably out of developer mode, try getting back in it. (click CM version number around 10 times quickly)

1594245940716.png

This is happening when i try to install mods with the drag and drop, can somebody help me?
and the Drag & Drop doesnt work when i open CM in Administrator mode, my mouse arrow turns into a 'block' sign

Hi all,

First post here so please excuse me.

I have looked around and can't really find a definitive answer to this.

I installed ACTI (v.1.1.2) and have got it working in Content Manager. I can extract the data and the link is doing well. I'm actually quite impressed that it still works, despite having to use an older version of MoTeC (1.0.21.0030).

The trouble is that it only reports three parameters: Corr Speed, RPM and throttle position and there is no data in any of the other channels or tabs. I can't find a way to get anything else out of it. (I'm driving GPL67 cars but I can't see how this would make any difference, assuming that AC does all the data collecting)

I could be doing something incorrectly though. After I record the laps, I go into MoTeC and find the ACTI\acti\telem folder and select the lap but there seems to be nothing else there. I can't generate a track map either.

So the questions are, is the full spectrum of data being recorded? If not why not? Or if it is, why is it not making it to the MoTeC interface?

Any help would be appreciated as there is someone else also watching this with interest.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ACTI with MoTeC.JPG
    ACTI with MoTeC.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 119
I would like to know if Content Manager stores configuration information in any .cfg, .ini or editable file, specifically, the video and controls presets that have been last used? Thnk you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%