Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Not sure if this is a bug or something I've done wrong. When I'm on the drive page it displays best lap and best lap on this track but when I look on the results page I have done a faster lap at that track. Thanks

I recently had to delete my Documents\Assetto Corsa folder, after some issues with my steering/FFB. It solved the problem, and it regenerates automatically anyway, but when after re-assigning my controls I tried to save my settings, I keep getting the following message:

"Please, choose a file in initial directory (“cfg\controllers\savedsetups”) or some subdirectory."

I've had this problem for a few days now. Can anyone help?

Okay I am having this error come up with only some modded cars. I thought this was just due to bad mods, but I ran into something interesting today.

I downloaded a Mercedes CLK GTR + CLK GTR SUPERSPORT mod a few weeks ago. Both versions of the car would crash when the car began loading. Today just for the hell of it I decided to try to get the regular CLK GTR to work again, so in content manager I used the "pack .data" function to convert the data folder that the mod came with to a data.acd file. I tried to run the car, and it finally loaded!

Great, I figured it out I thought, so I did the same thing to the CLK GTR SS version, only to have it crash in the same manner as before with the Race Cancelled message.

I have gone through every single file and folder, including all in the data folder and compared the one that works to the one that doesn't.
I also made sure the driver model was pointed to the right file name.

As far as I can tell these are the exact same car, but the SS has different skins, and some different parameters in the data folder that make it faster than the base one, but all of the text is correctly formatted and placed. I can also take all of the skin files and put it on the CLK GTR that works, and the car will still run with those skins.

The error logs are a little cryptic for me to decipher, honestly I am not even sure which file to look in for that as it seems there are a couple .log files it could be.

A side note, I was also having the same error with a McLaren F1 mod, and a BMW Z3M mod.
The McLaren ran after converting the data folder, but the BMW still crashes.

Any help understanding where to look in the error logs, or any other enlightening details towards this issue are very appreciated.

Thanks
Blaze

Where have you been getting the mods from? Some may have been corrupted over time. It's best to look here for mods, they get properly updated. There are also sites like Asettoland, Velo's Mods Workshop, SimRacersPics, AsettoPedia and Asetto Corsa Database that have good mods. You will often find that ones you find on Facebook groups will have been ripped from them anyway.

I have found that when I launch Content Manager through SimCommander that I can not save settings however if I launch Content Manager by itself that my settings will save. Not sure if that is what you are running into.

So, I tried clicking on the "Hardware Lock" button in Content Manager today, and I instantly lost Force Feedback on my wheel (Thrustmaster TX-XW). Apparently unchecking the box does not help as every time I run CM, I no longer have any FFB. I've reinstalled drivers, reinstalled AC, same result. I don't have the problem when I'm running AC proper, or any other games for that matter. Does anybody here have an idea on how I can fix this? Is there a way to completely unsinstall and reinstall CM? I would hate having to stop using CM, it's such an awesome program.
Thanks beforehand.

I have the same issue as OP but with a Kunos car (Z4 GT3). I cant join any Server or offline session when the Z4 GT3 is in it.

Yesterday it worked fine, i joined a Spa Server couple of times with that car and today i get the "driver model missing" error. Need help :/

update: I have tried to verify the game files with Steam, didnt help either.

Last edited:
I too as well have this problem with my Nissan GTR GT3 car a few minutes ago did a race with it then exitted Assetto Corsa and when I was about to start a new race I now got the same error i didn't do anything I just started the race I'm using the latest content manager restarted CM, AC even PC nothing I did not place any mods or modify any game files prior and after the race

I did use the z4 GT3 Folder of a friends Pc and still didnt change anything.
What i noticed is that when iam waiting for a car (server: z4 GT3 0/4) then the skin is the one i choose, but when a car is available then the skin immediately changes to a "default" one (the black/red one). This wasnt like that before.

Tried almost everything I even placed driver.kn5 on the folder of the car itself, started without CM (trying everything just taking a chance) just to fix this problem although my races are just against the AI I just don't know what just happened after that race I guess I lost my Nissan GTR GT3 including my championship/careers with it it's really annoying.

Update: Looks like I lost all my GT3 Cars :(

Last edited:
Tried almost everything I even placed driver.kn5 on the folder of the car itself, started without CM (trying everything just taking a chance) just to fix this problem although my races are just against the AI I just don't know what just happened after that race I guess I lost my Nissan GTR GT3 including my championship/careers with it it's really annoying.

Update: Looks like I lost all my GT3 Cars :(
I have the same problem as you. The game just hangs when loading driver.kn5. I can´t run all the gt3 cars from kunos except audi r8 lms 2016. Plus, the gt2 cars (M2, 911 RSR, Corvette CR7 and 458) had lost their sounds. Other gt mods I have runs fine.
The last thing I´ve installed is the endulights for amg gt3, but not sure if it is the problem.

UPDATE: Some of these problems were solved with Sol 1.2

Last edited:
I have the same problem as you. The game just hangs when loading driver.kn5. I can´t run all the gt3 cars from kunos except audi r8 lms 2016. Plus, the gt2 cars (M2, 911 RSR, Corvette CR7 and 458) had lost their sounds. Other gt mods I have runs fine.
The last thing I´ve installed is the endulights for amg gt3, but not sure if it is the problem.

UPDATE: Some of these problems were solved with Sol 1.2

I already have Sol 1.2 but i tried switching the shader packs and with the newer shader packs i canjoin a game with the z4 GT3 BUT all cars (AMGs, Ferrari all cars on the game) are completely silver/shiny

Update: Reinstalled the shader pack and now it seems fine.
So try to install a newer shader pack

Last edited:
I already have Sol 1.2 but i tried switching the shader packs and with the newer shader packs i canjoin a game with the z4 GT3 BUT all cars (AMGs, Ferrari all cars on the game) are completely silver/shiny

Update: Reinstalled the shader pack and now it seems fine.
So try to install a newer shader pack
Post it on the support section of Sol 1.2, that´s what I´ve done and Peter help me.

Post it on the support section of Sol 1.2, that´s what I´ve done and Peter help me.

Tried it again now, nope. I can join server with the z4 Gt3 but when doing so all cars appear shiny/silver. I joined the same server with an AMG and everything was fine.

what the heck. So i have a issue with the shader pack and z4 in combination :S !?
Where is the Support page of Sol?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years