• 23000+ Members! Dear Guest, join the community on the official RD Discord server today.   learn more

Cannot save controls settings in Content Manager

Nov 27, 2018
I recently had to delete my Documents\Assetto Corsa folder, after some issues with my steering/FFB. It solved the problem, and it regenerates automatically anyway, but when after re-assigning my controls I tried to save my settings, I keep getting the following message:

"Please, choose a file in initial directory (“cfg\controllers\savedsetups”) or some subdirectory."

I've had this problem for a few days now. Can anyone help?

Rogerbee

500RPM
May 2, 2018
The full path is steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg\controllers\presets\ have a look in it to see if your wheel is in there.

AlBell1967

50RPM
Jun 4, 2017
I have found that when I launch Content Manager through SimCommander that I can not save settings however if I launch Content Manager by itself that my settings will save. Not sure if that is what you are running into.

Icky427

75RPM
Sep 2, 2014
does anyone have a solution to this? i have a csw with both a universal hub and a formula rim and i really need two different binding setups for each wheel but i cant save anything. im getting the same message as op. for what its worth i didnt even have the folder called "savedsetups". i tried creating it then saving a setup but it got the same results.

Nov 18, 2013
First run vanilla AC and set default controller settings there

For CM create if not exists:
"Documents\Assetto\cfg\controllers\savedsetups"
and save there, select it here, if you want another than default AC profile
cm_controller_preset_car_specific_controls2.jpg

Poppy_Dee

1RPM
Premium
Feb 24, 2020
I understand it's been a while since you posted, but did ever find a solution? I'm having same problem as you. CSW v2.5, Formula V2 rim. No saved setups folder in cfg folder. Only presets folder. Thanks.

does anyone have a solution to this? i have a csw with both a universal hub and a formula rim and i really need two different binding setups for each wheel but i cant save anything. im getting the same message as op. for what its worth i didnt even have the folder called "savedsetups". i tried creating it then saving a setup but it got the same results.

Icky427

75RPM
Sep 2, 2014
I understand it's been a while since you posted, but did ever find a solution? I'm having same problem as you. CSW v2.5, Formula V2 rim. No saved setups folder in cfg folder. Only presets folder. Thanks.
Sorry, no. i sort of just live with it lol.

igorgsena

1RPM
Apr 9, 2020
--SOLUTION--

Guys, launch the original AC Laucher, go to controller settings and save a new preset, than, you can go back to Content Manager and save a new preset without any problem.