DiRT Rally Cannot Figure Out Wales

Can someone give me some tips on all the Welsh tracks?

I do pretty well on most of the other maps, but just cannot figure out the tracks in Wales. I've tried handbrake, regular brakes, and "throwing it into turns"...however, I just cannot figure it out. I have the problem with all car classes, just a matter of time before my front end says hello to a tree.

Any help is appreciated.

Wales is just hard, tighter tracks, lots of trees to hit, but probably the worst is some of the co-driver calls are either just wrong or poorly timed.

You're not alone.
:)

Correct notes from a professional and engaged Co Driver would make all the difference and add to the immersion factor but most important, keep the driver alive.:p

The current Co Drivers engagement sounds more like he's telling a good night story for his kids. ;)

Correct notes? For your information, co-drivers - professional or otherwise - don't do pacenotes, drivers do. I understand that in DR it has been Jon Tucker who's done the pacenotes. Besides, if the history of rally games is anything to go by, one can't say that "professional" co-drivers have done the job any better when it comes to feeling, or, as you say "keeping the driver alive". On the contrary.

Not that I can't see your point, as you're not the first one to ever say that, but still I would say - having listened to the clean co-driver samples as well - that things could be a lot worse. Seriously. All things considered, the English co-driving is not a weakness of DR by any means when it's probably the best that there's ever been in rally games. In fact, dare I say, very Kaj Lindström -like effort. :) Yes, they've come a long way since the Grist/Ringer days as it does seem that sitting and reading in that thingy (D-Box or whatever) has actually made a real difference. In the olden days, they probably read the pacenotes just like Neil Cole did the spotter samples that, by the way, happens to represent a classic example of bad production values.

Last edited:
I feel much the same but with Greece. I go with the philosophy of you are only fast enough when you feel you are going too fast but I always feel to fast on the Greek stages so I end up either pushing too hard and putting it off a cliff, into a rock. Or it turns out I'm too slow and end up 30 seconds down every stage

Well thats your opinion !

Maybe you're not fast enough or perhaps you know the stages by heart.

I have the pace notes set at very early and would have been killed many times if it was IRL due to bad timing and missing notes.

This never happened with RBR.

The pace notes in this game are the best I've heard in any game ever. They have a good flow to them due to the way they're recorded. 9 times out of 10 they're accurate, but like IRL sometimes the pace note can be wrong.

Oh and with regards to not being fast enough, think you'll find im regular Top 3/5 in Daily/Weekly/Monthly events :)

Yes, sometimes the notes are not right, but if you ever Go Through That point you will notice the copilot oite That maybe bad, but if You Already Know the stretch will notice the difference and correct

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back