Cannot change control assignments in RACE 07 series - Screen Hangs

Hi, i have a annoying problem with Race 07, GTR Evo, STCC + Race ON. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and have previously had no problems. However, when i try and go to the control options screen to change control layouts, the screen hangs, until finnally loading the control options screen, which is so slow/laggy its unusable. not sure how else to explain it really. Any similar problems/solutions? and i know its not my wheel, because the game detects it and it works fine (as it was set up before i had these problems). Im using all the correct drivers etc. for my system. GTR2 works fine, btw.

Honestly not sure on this one John - firstly you lucky bugger having RTR!

Second - do you have any other game controllers attached to the PC? Especially ones that may have been added recently?? Could have confused the games?

Third - I have in the past had some weird stuff happening, like you describe, with the setups Files menu - now I can't say 100%, but it appeared to be related to how defragmented the STEAM/SIMBIN files had become on my hard drive???? So if you haven't defragged for a while, perhaps you could try this. I beleive there is an option somewhere in steam to defrag game files too. It may help, it may not, but either way its not going to hurt to defrag...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%