AC Cancelled. Mazda 787b @ Fuji Speedway - Thursday 24th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hard to argue with that! Judging by his twitchy exits I'm not sure the setup will help us! :roflmao:
I also had laps with no twitchy exits. ;) It happens very quickly with the Mazada at high revs but you can catch it very well with this car. But it costs speed and time of course.

I don't think I'm doing something very special or extra good. Especially on corner exits I'm limited to my poor, not very sensitive pedals.

I can say I'm very happy with the FFB of my old wheel (and AC of course), because I can feel weight transfer or weight shift very well.

Last edited:
Setups, I have been involved recently with, some doing just that, it did not take long before I noticed that these young guns were just, very sensitive to the cars behaviour.
I’m not sure if being fresh from the womb is a prerequisite for sensitivity in simracing, but it probably helps.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
It is equivalent to measuring with a 12” ruler or a micrometer, unfortunately I’m the 12” ruler.
We do not have engineers going over details for us, it is up to us to analyse our own driving.
Then make changes.
if you are numb to the car, then knowing what to look for and change is really difficult. So in the end the best you can do is spot the obvious and change that.
I have noticed that the more skilful the driver the better he is at spotting all the fine nuances of the cars behaviour, unless he just cannot be bothered with setups of course. But then he still drives the car noticing and correcting the fine detail he is aware of.
That was a lot of waffle, in the end last night used your setup and managed to get within a second, for me in this type of car on a very tricky circuit, that is good.
I think my setups were numb but easier to drive, your setup was quicker, by at least a second and a half. ( not that I think easier to drive and group C really go hand in hand ):O_o:
I think for a one off lap with your setup and another hour of practice I could perhaps shave another 3 or 4 tenths off, maybe?:)

Last edited:
Setups, I have been involved recently with, some doing just that, it did not take long before I noticed that these young guns were just, very sensitive to the cars behaviour.
I’m not sure if being fresh from the womb is a prerequisite for sensitivity in simracing, but it probably helps.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
It is equivalent to measuring with a 12” ruler or a micrometer, unfortunately I’m the 12” ruler.
We do not have engineers going over details for us, it is up to us to analyse our own driving.
Then make changes.
if you are numb to the car, then knowing what to look for and change is really difficult. So in the end the best you can do is spot the obvious and change that.
I have noticed that the more skilful the driver the better he is at spotting all the fine nuances of the cars behaviour, unless he just cannot be bothered with setups of course. But then he still drives the car noticing and correcting the fine detail he is aware of.
That was a lot of waffle, in the end last night used your setup and managed to get within a second, for me in this type of car on a very tricky circuit, that is good.
I think my setups were numb but easier to drive, your setup was quicker, by at least a second and a half. ( not that I think easier to drive and group C really go hand in hand ):O_o:
I think for a one off lap with your setup and another hour of practice I could perhaps shave another 3 or 4 tenths off, maybe?:)

I plan on making one last tine of my kit this week to move back out to 900 wheel rotation. Starting to realise now all the hidden information in a wheel that is normally felt through your body. The more space you give g29 the better i think.

I have often wondered if I should use 900 deg. I use 540 deg, I choose that because if I am half as slow as most people, with 540 deg I am going nearly twice as quick. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have often wondered if I should use 900 deg. I use 540 deg, I choose that because if I am half as slow as most people, with 540 deg I am going nearly twice as quick. :roflmao: :roflmao:

That's a quick rack! I think it depends on the car. They all have different ratios. I set it to 830 when i was driving the z4 which has really slow steering.

I think you are right @Kek700.
I remember this track of any Gran Tourismo. 1 or 2 maybe. And I remember that I can't take turn three (Coca Cola) clean. So it is today, 20 years later. 10 attempts, one clean drive. I have done a 1.35,6 now.
My english is not the best, I know. I should had listen more to my english teacher, instead playing Gran Tourismo 1 (or two).
See you on track :)

I think you are right @Kek700.
I remember this track of any Gran Tourismo. 1 or 2 maybe. And I remember that I can't take turn three (Coca Cola) clean. So it is today, 20 years later. 10 attempts, one clean drive. I have done a 1.35,6 now.
My english is not the best, I know. I should had listen more to my english teacher, instead playing Gran Tourismo 1 (or two).
See you on track :)

I had a google as i couldn't remember it from Gran Turismo 2. It says it appeared first in GT4. The mind plays tricks!

@Kek700 Hopefully we havn't given them too much practice time!

Right, Gran Tourismo 4. Nearly 20 years. By the way, I am using Reik's setup. Default Setup is undriveable for me. Especialy on the brakes. Thanks Reik. :)

Don't worry mate, I took a little break due to the very warm weather here and the european football championship. ;)

Good game last night! Probably the best game apart from italy vs. denmark. Interesting group for the neutrals :) I was thinking before the kick off yesterday it is usually when the media is saying the germans are done, not as as good as previous teams, that they go on to win the championship!

Good game last night! Probably the best game apart from italy vs. denmark. Interesting group for the neutrals :) I was thinking before the kick off yesterday it is usually when the media is saying the germans are done, not as as good as previous teams, that they go on to win the championship!
Yeah, it seems like some need that kind of push. Honestly I think the german team isn't as good as in the past. But a good team spirit can carry a team very far in a tournament, so I hope this match helped developing it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%