**CANCELLED** Abarth 1000TC @ Various **CANCELLED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl-flyer-abarths.jpg

Event cancelled

Event changed - this is the wrong version of the mod, and I need to test the correct one a bit longer.

I'll sub in the Abarths for now and hopefully get the NSUs ready for next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have to take it down later tonight (about 22.00 German time) but I'll leave it up for you until then.

It's a good idea to practice on there - these 3 tracks are 3 of our favourite short course tracks, (Lime Rock you will know most of already :D ) so getting familiar with the layouts will be beneficial for the future.

I sometimes wonder if anybody likes GTL when we get lack of turnout like this.

But then we'll suddently get a 15 man turnout seemingly out of nowhere, and it confuses my brain.

Yeah and 24+ for the league :excruciating: Been trying to get some of the Friday night mini crowd interested too but so far only Dave made an appearence.

Also a lot of leagues seem to have started around the same time,and I reckon that peeps would rather practice for their league event rather than a club race whatever the sim. Shame because GTL is rapidly creeping up on GTRe as my prefered sim.

I feel for ya Stu.
You get every man and his dog signing up for the league, but when it comes time for some casual playin around sorta thing during the week, with a greater variety of cars.

Got me confused too mate, but nevermind.
Maybe the Abarth is too hardcore for some blokes! :confused2:

Sorry I hadn't signed up for this, but I have a very busy day tomorrow, and wasn't sure if I could make it. I love the Abarth's and these tracks are crackers, so it is a real shame.
Don't get disheartened Stu, the quality of the GTL events is tops, even if we don't always get high numbers. I don't think people realise what they are missing, but at least with our smaller group, the quality is never in doubt.

Gents - I do realise that sometimes circs do just conspire to prevent a fullsome turnout - tonight's one of those, Croucher away, Warren busy, Stevie out - that's just one of those things.

I'm not whingeing or whining this time (even though I have in the past), it's just genuinely baffling to me that we can have such a great event on a Tuesday, and then on a Thursday there's a tumbleweed blowing through here.

We can go from virtually nothing to 12+ within 2 days, and then again, we get more than 2 dozen for a League. Am I wrong to feel a little bit aggrieved at that statistic?

Possibly the most galling thing out of it all is that I know that GTL and it's events are so good, and that people are simply missing out on what I am convinced is the best driving experience out there.

People who dismiss it out of hand are the ones losing out. ("they all sound like hairdryers" was one particularly pithy and insightful comment from someone who'd clearly never had a go in a Shelby)

Ideally, now the Saturday event is scrubbed as well, I'd like us if possible to have a well deserved break and focus on the two events next week.

The Elites are always good, and the mods on Thursday will be a cracker too.

I'd prefer it if we can get some decent turn out on those two, to be honest, as they promise to be good, close and interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%