Tracks Canadian track (Calabogie Motorsport) looking for modder

Calabogie is a fantastic track designed by Alan WIlson ( also designed Barber ). Its Canada's longest track with 5.05km and 20 turns. There has been no high quality version of this track available for any sim but we are looking to get one made.

For this purpose we hired a LiDAR team that will also take 360 photography of the track from truck as well as drone footage. We are offering a paid gig for a high end track designer to turn this raw material into a great digital version that we hope to freely distribute afterwards. Can you please recommend some designers who we could collaborate with on this project?

The scan has not yet happened but will happen soon. If you join the project soon, you can have some input on the type of data collected.

https://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

I send you a PM in your inbox earlier. No I have not had the opportunity to work with a scanning team before. I have mainly only dealt with public available data at this point.

just looking at the reviews its probably a RTB creation/abomination that will in no way come near the possible quality of a proper scan based deal
Yeah, I was just curious about the timing. No mention of Calabogie for 239 years and then two separate incidents on the same day.

Spooky!

Cool! :thumbsup:
Really interested in your project guys!
Trying to do the same for circuit Gilles Villeneuve! I just contacted the track owner and waiting for a reply. Maybe we can help each other!

Cool! :thumbsup:
Really interested in your project guys!
Trying to do the same for circuit Gilles Villeneuve! I just contacted the track owner and waiting for a reply. Maybe we can help each other!

I bet the same team that will do the scan would be able to scan Gilles as well as long as it can be closed off for half a day. They can't fly drones if there are people underneath for safety reasons. Happy to put you in touch.

I bet the same team that will do the scan would be able to scan Gilles as well as long as it can be closed off for half a day. They can't fly drones if there are people underneath for safety reasons. Happy to put you in touch.
Out of interest, how much does something like that typically cost? I used to commission static point cloud laser scans of medium sized steelwork structures and normally wouldn't get change from £1,000 a pop.

Out of interest, how much does something like that typically cost? I used to commission static point cloud laser scans of medium sized steelwork structures and normally wouldn't get change from £1,000 a pop.

quotes run a bit higher then that but this ballpark

There's free aerial scan available for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. It's on the city of Montreal web site. I didn't get to check the data cloud density / quality, but there's something to work with for those interested.

http://donnees.ville.montreal.qc.ca...resource/a2bc4ed1-3850-4bdf-b15c-6318dc7b305f

There is data for Calabogie as well. It's not very dense but it's there. Probably best used for terrain around the track that a closer scan won't pick up.

calabogi.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back