RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, that was fun! If not for a couple of minor screw ups (and poor starts), I could have seriously been in the hunt. The only place my low wing (2) really hurt was the last turn into NASCAR turn 2, where I couldn't get quite the launch I needed.

First race - started 8th, but didn't feel bad as I was only about .02 sec from 5th. During the first couple of laps, got as high as 5th, then settled into 6th before following Glenn on a little excursion where I ended up facing backward, haveing to wait for the field before recovering. Ended up 8th.

Second race - it was fun racing Dave for a couple of laps (probably not as much for him :)) as I'd blow by in NASCAR Turn 3/4, only to be retaken going onto the infield or at the first right, then recycle and pass again. I think we did that 4 times, until eventually he hit the grass out of the first right on the infield and lost a lot of ground. Settled into 6th, slowly gaining ground on the backstretch for a long time, but then lost it all at once trying to get that launch back onto the oval. Wound 7th.

Can't wait to do this again. I used to do a lot of NASCAR 2 & 3, and came close to winning a season once except for the fact that (you guessed it) I totally sucked at road courses. :rolleyes:

In other American racing news, we lost John Gunn this week. He did a lot of Can-Am, F5000 and other IMSA road racing in the 70s.

johngunn2.jpg johngunn.jpg

Obviously it turned out more fun than I had thought it would. I can't do setups to save my life, so I was hoping that one of the pros would upload something. Yves and Eric N. had uploaded setups, but of course, I couldn't connect to try them out. I was sort of feeling like you, Sam - not much for racing.
Qualifying came around and I decided to join Eric N. and Eric E. on TS. I voiced my frustration and Eric N. offered to relay his setup to me on TS. This during qualifying, so a HUGE thanks to you, Eric, for your generosity. I plugged in the numbers and set out for my quali. and put in a nice 4th place run behind Claudio, Yves and Eric N.

Race 1 and 2 were like night and day. Race 1 I had a number of offs that damaged my car enough that I lost about 6 mph down the back straight. I figured I'd just settle in and use this race learn my braking points better and get used to this beast of a car. I ended up finishing 5th, I think.

Race 2 I started 4th, again, and got a great start off the line. I had to get by the front row, so I ducked onto the apron to get around and led the first lap. Sean Vohs outbrakes me into T1 and I settle in behind him. Great to see you out there, Sean! Being my Longshot Teammate, I know he's fast so my strategy is to stay behind him on the roadcourse and bump draft him on the oval. There were some fast guys behind us and I didn't want to lose any time or positions trying to fight Sean for position. It seemed to work pretty well and we had a good lead going. So I decided to do some experimenting with some draft passing. I could be .5 behind Sean and get past him through T3-4 or the Tri oval. Sean and I had some good, clean and fun racing but then it came to the last lap and I had him right where I wanted him - right in front of me heading onto the oval. :wink: I got a great run on him on the back straight and made my move going into T3 (of the oval). I went high, cause I knew he'd protect the low side and I inched passed him coming out of the turn. I couldn't believe it! It worked and I won my first event at RD!

So, again, thanks to Eric N. for the setup. Congrats to Sean for the Event win and good racing. Congrats to Claudio for the win in R1. And thanks to RD for the venue.

I wondered what happened, though I figured it was 'net related since when I saw you go off, it wasn't in a real frequent 'oops' spot. Lonely race for me without ya'. You missed me leading a lap, too.

Yeah, it was when the other three guys went off and I slipped by, but I did manage to finish the lap before they passed me.;)

Despite suffering a bit with lag tonight, I had some of the most amazing close racing with Dariusz and Yves! I don't know how many times Dariusz and I swapped positions in race two. I just have one word to describe that battle... AWESOME!!! :cool:

Sorry for bumping you a few timesin race two Yves. I think I spun you twice. My bad. Your Ghost got me be back though on the end of lap 14 and pretty much ended my race. Got a big lag off you and hit your ghost which was stationary. This slowed me down just enough for Dariusz to slip by and the two of you to build a bit of a gap over me. Regardless it was a great couple of races! :)

Woke up a little late again & rushed to the PC, flicked it on & went to make a cup of coffee.
When I got into the server, which worked perfectly fine (thanks Dave) I loaded up an old setup from Albert Park & went straight out on track. I didn't even make it to the end of the first sector when it moved to qualifying (Superpole!!)

So, with a car that had possibly too much downforce I set a pretty good first lap time of 1m9. something and that got me into 5th for the start.
I had a fantastic start and moved quickly up int 3rd position. But then going into Turn 3 I was tagged & spun and had to rejoin back in 8th. No Damage, and apology was made after the race and all was fine. It's a fun race after all so we can't be taking these things too seriously :)

So I put my head down & tried to focus on what parts of the track I could make up time. As the guys started to pit I decided to stay out as long as possible on the soft tyres I chose for the first stint. I saw that the tyres were wearing exceptionally well & so changed my pit menu to supersofts for the stop. I came in around lap 11 & changed tyres. Soon after I found myself in 2nd place and catching the leader in the dying laps. I tried to place pressure on Martin as I didn't have enough straight line speed to pass on the straights. Although we traded places several times, Martin didn't buckle under pressure & on the penultimate lap I went a touch too deep & gave him a tap, causing him to spin. I waited for him to recover & resume the lead & we had a lare enough gap to stay in front. Then, on the same corner and the very last lap I was caught out under brakes and decided to go dirt rather than make contact again & lost my 2nd place. Rejoined the track in 4th & finished there.

So, Race 2 with the reverse grid I was once again in the 5th grid spot. Had another fantastic start and settled into 2nd place behind Adam. We were both in Teamspeak and chatting etc as we went. The gap behind me to 3rd was quickly opening and on the 1st lap alone we were 1.5 seconds clear. I was staying with Adam and applying pressure right up until he made his pitstop a lap earlier than me. I pushed hard on the inlap and tried to maximise the clear track ahead. When I stopped at my pitbox the message said "Waiting" I killed the engine in case they were waiting to put fuel in and the crew put 1 single litre in :-(
When I exited I was 7 seconds behind Adam & 9 there was only laps to go. Almost by mistake I managed to shave a lot of time in the final two corner sequence & remembered that it was how the turn was supposed to be taken (from the F3000 league) and so I was able to set a fast lap time of 1m08.436 and take over 1 second per lap from Adam's lead. I was cathing fast and started to put some pressure on again but I ran out of laps and Adam finished with0.2 seconds to spare. Phew, that was exciting.

Thanks to all for the race - see you at the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%