Canadian Grand Prix - Driver of the Day VOTE NOW!

Ocon was not able to pass Perez even he was on better tyres. Actually FI screwed up Perez race by calling him very very early on race. They put a bad strategy on him and he had to race almost 3/4 race in that situation. His tyres worn-out quicker also by being behind Riccardo for so long. The podium was lost because FI did not read the race correctly and properly planned a better strategy for Perez.

To the guys telling if Perez was behind he would be screaming for team orders, he had to pass Button on Monaco and Bahrain with no team orders, same on Hulkenberg on some ocassions. When Verstappen disobey team orders people aclaim him, when Perez does, he is not a team player.

Also, we do not know what are the existing terms of FI with their drivers, but Perez backs the team with a very good amount of cash, besides his driving abilities. Asking him to let by your team mate does not make sense to me.

After Montreal race, he is currently 1 point behind Verstappen. We know Redbull has a quicker package, but with the unreliability of that car and the consistency of Perez, he has a chance to end ahead of him. Every point counts.

Well they raced. And got a 5-6 finish instead of a 3-6 finish. Cringe.

He would've done it on the final lap but Perez turned in on him. He's lucky not to have a penalty.

You just sound like someone who would never ever do well in a team situation.

A finish 3-6 is pure speculation. We would not know if Ocon could pass Ricciardo, he was not able to pass Perez!

He defended correctly, one move only. You should have seen Magnussen how many moves he was doing, he should have had a well deserved penalty.

Incredible performance by Vettel.
Big mess up by Force India and Perez to some extent. But i blame the pit team for not communicating it with force. Lucky them that Raikönnen had his problems, otherwise they would've thrown away even more points

I hope we see the comeback for AMG, as it will make the championship more interesting..

It would be totally awesome if we could have AMG, Ferrari and Redbulls all fighting for poles and race wins...

Now that would be interesting championship, as you would see 3 teams that have made there cars which are nearly all equal...

Last GP, Lewis out drove everyone, stuck it on pole by a mile and then destroyed his team mate Valltari (same machinery) at least with Rossberg they were nearly equal...

Lets see if the next race will be the same AMG and Ferrari very close...This is what we all wanted to see the best of the best battling it out...

I'll admit it. I voted for Stroll for a couple of reasons. !. Hamilton was the man on Saturday but was untouched and didn't see much of him on TV. 2. Vettel and Ocon were great but benefited from better tires than the people they chased down. 3. Alonzo would get it every week because he puts his heart into it every race and has no chance of a podium, little of points and less than 50/50 of finishing.
I picked Lance because he did not crash as many here said he would, he passed a boat load of cars and on a 1 pit-stop strategy. He got in the points. Had hometown, media and general pressure and he's 18 and the second youngest in F1 history to score points.

Alonso, because he joined the spectators after DNF, gave away his gloves and let himself be celebrated. Something has changed with Alonso since he took part in the Indy 500. My bet, he is going to be Indycar full time in 2018.

That would be awesome! I am a casual Indy fan right now, but IndyCar + Alonso becomes appointment TV for me. And I am not an Alonso "superfan" by any means - it's simply a matter of having a proven F1 performer to root for. I think it would also fire up the other guys in the Indy field - they'd be keen to show they aren't chopped liver.

Ocon was not able to pass Perez even he was on better tyres.
Welcome to Canada, where 3-car trains are all you need to ensure that no overtaking happens in 99% of cases. 2014 comes to mind.

To the guys telling if Perez was behind he would be screaming for team orders, he had to pass Button on Monaco and Bahrain with no team orders, same on Hulkenberg on some ocassions. When Verstappen disobey team orders people aclaim him, when Perez does, he is not a team player.
Different people. Verstappen is an awful team player too.

Also, we do not know what are the existing terms of FI with their drivers, but Perez backs the team with a very good amount of cash, besides his driving abilities. Asking him to let by your team mate does not make sense to me.
Sure it does. It just means that you have to let go of your ego for once and race throughout an entire season instead of desperately holding on to the higher intra-team finish at the cost of overall team points. Money does not come into this - if anything, it makes Farce India look spineless, which makes sense given that they're basically Jordan.

After Montreal race, he is currently 1 point behind Verstappen.
Red Bull have only had two 2-car finishes so far this season. Their reliability is utter crap. It means absolutely nothing, as Verstappen has been much better than Perez so far this season. It will not last, especially since...

We know Redbull has a quicker package, but with the unreliability of that car and the consistency of Perez, he has a chance to end ahead of him. Every point counts.
Finishing higher in the WDC does not matter at all unless you win it. Finishing higher in the WCC, on the other hand, does, and they lost anywhere between two and five points in the race due to Perez.

A finish 3-6 is pure speculation. We would not know if Ocon could pass Ricciardo, he was not able to pass Perez!
Because you can't overtake in Canada in a 3-car train. Remember 2014? In fact, the last race shows that Perez did not learn anything from that race, since in the very same exact position he ended up crashing into Massa. Had Ocon been more pragmatic and less careful with his teammate, the exact same thing would've happened.

The only reasons Vettel even did it was because 1. he's a monster and by far the best driver on the grid right now, 2. he has a far better car, and 3. he was on fresh ultrasofts. Even then, it took a dangerous move on Ocon and then Perez choking to get it done.

He defended correctly, one move only.
You should've said that you're trolling from the get-go.

That would be awesome! I am a casual Indy fan right now, but IndyCar + Alonso becomes appointment TV for me. And I am not an Alonso "superfan" by any means - it's simply a matter of having a proven F1 performer to root for. I think it would also fire up the other guys in the Indy field - they'd be keen to show they aren't chopped liver.
Agreed. I´m an Indy fan since the Champcar days in the mid 90´s. F1 is so technological and emotionally cold, while Indycar has a very family-like touch to it. They treat somebody like Alonso with the respect he deserves and they gave him a very warm welcome. He certainly wouldn´t do it for the money. Btw, motorsport in the US is by far the better show, F1 could learn a lot from it ( but refuses to do so, don´t know why).

Welcome to Canada, where 3-car trains are all you need to ensure that no overtaking happens in 99% of cases. 2014 comes to mind.

Eventually passed the two cars.

Sure it does. It just means that you have to let go of your ego for once and race throughout an entire season instead of desperately holding on to the higher intra-team finish at the cost of overall team points. Money does not come into this - if anything, it makes Farce India look spineless, which makes sense given that they're basically Jordan.

How do you know money does not count? We do not know what are the terms and agreement between Perez and Force India (do you?), more since he bring his sponsors with him.

Red Bull have only had two 2-car finishes so far this season. Their reliability is utter crap. It means absolutely nothing, as Verstappen has been much better than Perez so far this season. It will not last, especially since...

You loose the point. It does not matter if Verstappen is better than Perez. Is the situation that Verstappen is on an unrealiable car which will compromise his position on the championship.

Finishing higher in the WDC does not matter at all unless you win it. Finishing higher in the WCC, on the other hand, does, and they lost anywhere between two and five points in the race due to Perez.

It matters, as teams looks for drivers that score points in consistent way. Again, speculation that Ocon would be able to pass Ricciardo. Also there is the scenario that Vettel would pass Ocon too, he was the fastest car on the track.

Because you can't overtake in Canada in a 3-car train. Remember 2014? In fact, the last race shows that Perez did not learn anything from that race, since in the very same exact position he ended up crashing into Massa. Had Ocon been more pragmatic and less careful with his teammate, the exact same thing would've happened.

2014 Massa incident is still very debatable, anyway, Ocon overcooked by himself on that place and he was not fast enough to pass Perez, no way he would pass Ricciardo.

The only reasons Vettel even did it was because 1. he's a monster and by far the best driver on the grid right now, 2. he has a far better car, and 3. he was on fresh ultrasofts. Even then, it took a dangerous move on Ocon and then Perez choking to get it done.

Very debatable, for me the best driver on the grid is still Alonso.

You should've said that you're trolling from the get-go.

Not trolling at all. I am supporting my points.

Well the next race it will turned upside down again, going to a track that no one has run on before... i think this will be very interesting...

Even though Ocon wanted to pass Perez you have to remember racing drivers are selfish, its all about reputation and what your worth (i can be better then the next man)... The whole point of racing is to race not to let each other through even it is for points, position, faster car, team etc...

I think the more the team stay out of communications with the driver the better... not entirely but racing wise it would be better.

At least you could say with AMG team they let the drivers race (9 times out of 10) ... now with Ferrari, red bulls and many others i think they look at the long term game and try to get drivers do whats best for the team.

This is where you have conflict with drivers and teams.. not everyone is perfect (AMG) but it would be far better if teams let drivers race instead of trying to dictate what they should do.

Thats my 2 cents...

2014 Massa incident is still very debatable, anyway, Ocon overcooked by himself on that place and he was not fast enough to pass Perez, no way he would pass Ricciardo.

Your whole speech is based on this. Do you live in a fantasy world where a DRS-less Redbull is as hard to overtake than a Force India with DRS ?

I mean, Ocon caught Perez, then had to settle down as the pace difference between both was too short and they both had the same car (which means they got the same strengths and weaknesses). Entirely different story when you confront Ocon's car vs Ricciardo's, as we both know his car's abilities are opposed to the Force Indias.

I definitely think Ocon would have been past Ricciardo quite quickly in the straight, as he had at the moment more traction out of the hairpin.

Do you live in a fantasy world where a DRS-less Redbull is as hard to overtake than a Force India with DRS ?

That DRS-less Redbull was faster on the second sector than both FI, also even with the Renault engine is clear the RB chassis is aerodinamically superior (Newey magic) to FI one.

Your whole speech is based on this

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/zoff-force-india-gp-kanada-2017-12106613.html

If you do not understand german, here is a translation of the interesting part...

Two hours after the race, sports director Otmar Szafnauer and technical manager Andy Green had a better overview. The race was analyzed. All the facts were on the table. Has Perez's refusal to admit the offer, cost the team a podium? Did he give Sebastian Vettel a place?

The answer is twice no. "In order to overtake Ricciardo, we should have been faster than him a second. This was not the case at Perez or at Ocon. "Szafnauer goes on to say," If Sergio is one of the best overtakes in the field, Ricciardo does not pass, Esteban, on his part, can not overtake Perez, we can not expect that It would have passed Ocon to Ricciardo. "

The Force India bosses also do not believe that Vettel has been given a place by the disagreements of the pilots. "The Ferrari is a faster car than ours. Vettel had softer and fresher tires than we did. It would be naive to believe that he would not have overtaken us if we had not changed the order. "

At the end FI screw up the podium possibility by the strategy decided on Perez. Either they could have extend Perez first stint like Ocon, or took Perez for fresh tyres. James Allen analysis covers it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%