Canadian GP to come back!

• Bert Van Waes

indeed, this is great news!! lovely fast track!!

• Ian Landry

While I couldn't be happier if the Canadian GP does come back (I live in Montreal!), it's not a done deal yet.

This is a classic Bernie pressure tactic... leak his opinion to a trusted media... public opinion then puts pressure on politicians for money. Bernie is asking for so much money that for the moment it's not viable economically.

But let's be optimistic and hope for the best!

Ian

I'd say it will. It's a fan favourite and a driver favourite. Also, with teams wanting to return to NA (and the coming of USF1) there's an incentive to return to the likes of Montreal. As for USA, I wonder what GP will take place there? I doubt it'd be Indianapolis again...

• Michel Salvador

I'd say it will. It's a fan favourite and a driver favourite. Also, with teams wanting to return to NA (and the coming of USF1) there's an incentive to return to the likes of Motreal. As for USA, I wonder what GP will take place there? I doubt it'd be Indianapolis again...

:plus1: for the montreal :)

well i live in montreal damn this year really sux in downtown montreal lol
it our biggest event of the year it as to come back .....

Bernie needs to get a North American circuit in the calendar with USF1 coming... it's the market he needs to crack. Would be nice to see him set a realistic value for the short term and not try to get the big bucks in from day 1.

Indy not perfect track with the internal middle-fiddle bit but i'd support another shot at it.

There are a few by now, it's a matter of being near the markets. Many people would be near Indianapolis for the Nascar and they would also have everything they need to cater for thousands of fans. For many other tracks, this may not tbe the case. Indianpolis IS one of America's best known speedways.

They could use Infineon or Daytona Road Course (same used in the 24h of Daytona).

Laguna is too short for f1, and if F1 was to go there the track would potentially be ruined with the safety regs f1 has, we could see the corkscrew straightend out and have miles of tarmac run-off to spoil the scenery. Please Bernie dont bother messing with Laguna.

True Andrew. I doubt FIA would permit such an overhaul though just for the sake of one event. They know as much as anyone that other races are run there. With that, I think it's almost certain F1 will avoid Laguna. Besides, it's in California. Would they not choose a venue on the east coast so the teams don't have to come as far from Europe.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 427 39.6%