Can you ever have too many tracks and cars!?

I know, sounds like a silly question, but, bear with a moment,

I've had Assetto Corsa for just over a month now and all I've done in that time is download, install, and test car and track mods. I've got 600 cars and 205 tracks (and that doesn't include different layouts). That's a heck of a lot of driving to do! It has to be done though and I expect I'll thin the herd a bit when I get through some of them. I don't want to find out my car or track is rubbish mid race.

It was just the same when I had Project Cars, I only ever raced about twice the entire time I had it.

What has anyone else thought or experienced.........

You certainly can have more cars and tracks than you can drive, and I'd say you have FAR more. I have 236 cars and 69 tracks, AC is my main racing sim and I'm approaching 1000 hours played, and there's nowhere near enough time to drive all the content. I mean really drive them in depth, not just take a car out for a spin or do a couple of laps on a track. Kind of begs the question, what do you intend to do with that many cars and tracks?

Drive on them eventually, LOL! I'm moving in May and that will allow me to set my own timetable, so I can fit more in. I'll only do 2 or 3 lap races with 6 cars, it's what I'm used to from the Gran Turismo days. Played that to death as well.

I'll get there......

You absolutely can have too many cars and tracks in a sim.
I have content...some of which was purchased months ago, that I haven't gotten around to driving yet.
As an example, I have only driven two of the cars in the DRM 2.0 pack...likewise my RSS GT pack has only had two of the six cars so far on track also.
Both are great content but time is limited...and that is just the start.
My problem...(and it is a good one to have).. is that I have too many sims.

Last edited:
I too have many cars and tracks. I enjoy 'collecting' them. I guess it goes back to my youth and playing with Hot Wheels cars! I figure if someone took the time to make them, I'll can make the effort to try them out. Even if they're bad, they still give a plausible sense of driving a car I'll likely never own, on a track I know I'll never get to drive on.

I'll simply say this...... 'choice paralysis'

Happens with Netflix too.....

It's a nightmare. I can load up AC with the 600 odd cars i have and simply there is so much choice i freeze and just waste time............

Imagine turning up to a track day in real life and having a choice of 600 cars to blast around in......
And that is even before you throw in what time of day / time of year / and cloud cover......

Yeah, I know what you mean. Got to admit, some of the modern supercars do leave me a bit cold sometimes. The older ones are more exciting to drive. I'm working my way through most of them, sorting the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

The way I read it, the guy was asking if there was a limit to the amount of cars/tracks you could have. Not whether it was prudent or not. So, an opinion, being subjective, would be a pointless response to what was a technical question.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%