Can you ever have too many tracks and cars!?

I know, sounds like a silly question, but, bear with a moment,

I've had Assetto Corsa for just over a month now and all I've done in that time is download, install, and test car and track mods. I've got 600 cars and 205 tracks (and that doesn't include different layouts). That's a heck of a lot of driving to do! It has to be done though and I expect I'll thin the herd a bit when I get through some of them. I don't want to find out my car or track is rubbish mid race.

It was just the same when I had Project Cars, I only ever raced about twice the entire time I had it.

What has anyone else thought or experienced.........

I have the same question as Rogerbee, so I Googled it and found that one of the hits was RACE DEPARTMENT!
Imagine my disappointment when all I found were "opinions"; not one answer!
ehm, if your question is "Is there a hard limit for the amount of cars and tracks AC can work with?", the answer would be yes, but only if you use the standard Kunos game launcher. It has a hard limit of a some hundred tracks and cars, after which it will get stuck on the start scene.
No issue tho with Content Manager and the game itself tho.

Can you ever have too many tracks and cars!?​

Yes, if you SSD becomes full of data so SSD becomes sluggish!

But seriously why store all those bad made mods you never use or from a period/country you do not care. A couple of mounts ago I did do a big cleanup, comparing the same circuits I had. Like from one circuit I did have 4 track mods from different creators. Or driving at Monaco classic noticing non realistic green/black water and a modern Monaco version (only drive classic) just a matter of pushing the delete tab in CM.
Right now every mod I’m downloaded, will be tested on beforehand, if not good or being in a unfinished state, its a matter of instant action to the Windows garbage bin.

“When all of the lemmings are running towards a cliff, the one who is running in the opposite direction must appear to have lost his mind.”​

Is this really easier than saying, "I was wrong and a bit harsh"?

Ok, Ill bite... The lemmings must have been deceived for them to be running towards a cliff. There is no deception going on here. So without the deception and accompanying lemmings running towards a cliff, you just look like a fool running in no particular direction.

Last edited:
What has anyone else thought or experienced.........
One of the many aspect I enjoy in AC, after more than 5000 hours (I have been playing since day one, Early acces when all we had was the Lotus Elise at Magionne) , is the variety of content available.
I usually download and install on my 4tb drive all real tracks and some fictional, all cars.
Thousands of cars, hundreds of tracks. At this point I almost exclusively, download updates, as very little new (to me) is available.
I have many, many grids already set up for different kind of races.
CM is what makes it possible to manage. I will need more time than what I have left to live to drive all the content, but that is beside the point.
Many times, I have watched a race on you tube on a track I was not familiar with only to find out that I already have it in my AC game. That and being able to enjoy my home race track where I have done track days, is a unique experience only available in AC because so much content is available, as long as you take the time to download it and manage it.
To me, driving in VR in AC, is still the pinacle of the SIM experience and no other title is even close to provide me variety and pleasure the way AC does.

Last edited:

Ok, Ill bite... The lemmings must have been deceived for them to be running towards a cliff. There is no deception going on here. So without the deception and accompanying lemmings running towards a cliff, you just look like a fool running in no particular direction.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back