Can we talk about Formula Vintage?

Since its only in beta I wasn't sure whether it was Ok to talk about this or not?
Being a long time GPL fanatic, this is pretty exciting to say the least, so I was wondering what everyone thought of it and how it looks to you.

I love the old formula cars,so I'm super excited for this.The way Reiza have got the handling down on the Retro's gives me up most confidence in how these Vintage cars will handle.I can't wait for them to be released.For me this is the best sim in the history of mankind.:thumbsup:

Cut a bunch of laps today with the '67 at Johannesburg Historic (which really suits this car). This track, car and Reiza FFB are a recipe for good fun. If you push too hard it will give you a chance to catch it if you are quick enough, not just snap out - but I guess it depends on your setup as well.

Not an expert in the garage and it took a bit of tinkering to get me close to the field on Hardcore. A good car to tinker with, enough bells and whistles to make it interesting but not over-whelming.

As mentioned, sound is not it's strong-point (this is a V12 right!) and the car liveries are standard Reiza if you get what I mean.

I don't think any fan of this era will be disappointed though. Should be a stack of fun in multiplayer.

Oh man I cannot wait, but for now I'll have to, I have to find out more about joining and getting this in beta as well, I just don't get the syncing of Automobilista with my Steam account.
This is definately on my A list. Dare I say it theres almost too many things to do in Automobilista:thumbsup:

Really enjoying these cars so far. As is usual with Reiza both cars are very driveable although the winged version inspires a lot more confidence in quick corners.

Not sure about the criticism of the sounds. I thought the V12 sound as it comes up through the revs was great but maybe I have been playing too much AC lately and my standards are lower. :)

I've driven the cars in GPL which should be pretty much identicle to these, and I don't remember them having so much understeer, they were pretty much always tailhappy. Anyone found a way of getting the cars more neutral or even with a hint of oversteer?

I've driven the cars in GPL which should be pretty much identicle to these, and I don't remember them having so much understeer, they were pretty much always tailhappy. Anyone found a way of getting the cars more neutral or even with a hint of oversteer?

You're too gentle on the throttle... ;)

Seriously, anyone who cannot throttle-steer these cars as expected?

I believe the real cars were dangerous enough already that they didn't need to purposefully set them up for oversteer. The pilots had control over the car dynamics, starting with a relatively neutral base.

Yea I was fooling around with the settings last night and trying a few different roll bar and Spring combos, and the default is OK, but it could be a lot better. Harder springs definatly helped.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 39.0%