CAN WE RUN NORDISCLIFFE, HERE IS HOW?

The track i love is the Nordiscliffe but it is to big to facilitate medical staff. Then i thought could it be run like a rally race with cars running segments over the course of a number of days. Qualifying will have to be ditched but first segment can be run with drivers in championship order. The track will be green at the start so drivers at the back will have more rubber and grip. Medical staff will be located at the active segment being used.
After the segment medical staff will move into areas on the next segment and cars will start in order of times fastest to slowest. And repeat this tell you get a full lap. Each car will have times added together to determine who was fattest over all segment's.
Cars can run rally stile with intervals of say 10 minuet's.

This cant be a Grandprix as it will be run differently but it can be a non championship event. You can have trophy's and prize money for all teams based on where they finished overall. This will encourage teams to attend event. Especially if the prize money is bigger near the middle to the back of the pack. As the big teams are more financially stable at the front. And there is a bigger fight in the middle as cars are more equal in performance.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE A SPECTACLE Nordiscliffe with a Goodwood format.

Last edited:
The F1 doesn't run the Nordschleiffe mostly out of a safety perspective, and this is largely down to run-off area's and such. Besides it would be quite a boring event with such a huge track once the field has drawn out. It still has plenty of action, with the 24hr event being one of the biggest. Just not for F1.

Regrading and rebuilding the circuit for F1 will find a lot of opposition and probably ruin a lot of the characteristics.

The track really isn't suited for F1 cars no matter the safety aspect.
It would bottom out on kerbs, dips, bumps etc. Might start to fly over every crest there is and to make it even somehow driveable, the cars would need some kind of special off road suspension setup, which would kills half of the aerodynamics from the floor.

Sadly, it's just not doable.

But I like your creative thinking about this! One issue with your rally format would be that one car would only need about 2 minutes per section. So one session = 45 minutes and then a long time to shift everything to the next "stage".

I fear it would be kinda boring for the mainstream spectators.
Also.. Spectators.. There aren't enough seats around the Nordschleife to pay for the F1 visiting :(

I guess the race would only work on a sim rig. But it is somewhere i would love to see a full F1 event. I gues the requirements have chained a lot since Lauda crashed and burned in the 70's :ninja:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%