Skins can the wheels be painted different colors?

can i paint the wheels differently? in the textures folder of a car there is only one rim.dds file

also, i am learning modding, so can anyone tell the name of the concept behind the files ending with *_NM.dds? what do i have to learn (in blender e.g.) to do generate those?

If there's one rim.dds you can't do separate colours.

NM means normalmap, usually you'd make them in your image editor. In GIMP you need a normal map plugin to do it.

Sometimes the color is created with a metal_detail_xy.dds and the rim.dds takes only the shading/AO etc.
But be aware, that the blurred rim effect could sometimes not be affeced by the metal_detail. It varies from car to car.

Sometimes the color is created with a metal_detail_xy.dds and the rim.dds takes only the shading/AO etc.
But be aware, that the blurred rim effect could sometimes not be affeced by the metal_detail. It varies from car to car.
the blurred one is separate... i do not know how to generate that one either.

so, in blender i can generate a UV map (from the mesh), but the _map.dds from AC looks different from the uv map i get from blender. is the thing with green on white an uv map? is it a special kind of map? how do i make the AC one given the mesh?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%