Can someone refresh my memory...

What causes grass texture shimmering on some tracks? I read it somewhere on here awhile back, but can't find it now and it's happening at Brands Hatch.

Something else that has always bothered me. Where does the notion that everything gets brown in the summer months come from? Not all tracks do it, Monza and Spa seem to get it right, but a lot of tracks turn their trees and grass brownish in the summer and it just looks weird.

Thanks for any help...

Last edited:
Do you mean the thing where the grass and trees change through all colours of the rainbow and everything looks phychodelic? If so, that's an old track config file causing issues. either in the extension folder in the track folder itself or in documents\Assetto Corsa\extension\...

Do you mean the thing where the grass and trees change through all colours of the rainbow and everything looks phychodelic? If so, that's an old track config file causing issues. either in the extension folder in the track folder itself or in documents\Assetto Corsa\extension\...

No, i'm talking about with Sol\CSP where the grass and trees change colors for different months of the year. A lot of the tracks seem to want to make things brownish for the summer months for some reason. I guess they are trying to simulate things drying out in the summer but it's way overdone on a lot of the tracks. It's no big deal really because I just use June or July for those tracks to avoid the issue, but I was curious where the notion came from that things should be brownish.

The grass shimmering is a different issue altogether. I remember reading a post months back where someone had a fix, but I can't find the thread anymore. Might not have even been on the RD forums for all I know. Could have been another forum.

No I was referring to the shimmering, but I'm not sure what you mean.

If the issue is this:

the solution is this:

If the shimmering is something else, please explain/show.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%