can someone point me to resource for starting up with Rift S?

Good gosh, I did not imagine it being this hard.

Got a Rift S, it is set up and working, but have no idea how to actually get ACC to run, or how to play it.

I end up standing in a garage, with my desktop hanging in the air beside me.

I choose launch with Oculus, but that is as far as I can get.

Could not find a thing when searching on the internet, all my searches ended up with VR settings, not how to actually use the thing! I am surprised I cannot find any help when searching, I can't be the only person dealing with this??

All I want to do is get into a practice session and see what the VR is like.

Can someone help me out, point me to some instructions?

Any help is appreciated!

First thing I would check is device status in the oculus app to make sure your pc is seeing it without issue. I would also make sure you do not have any pending oculus updates as that can often prevent game pass through. Outside of that after you launch ACC in steam using Oculus mode it should then begin showing on your Oculus HMD. One of the first buttons I would recommend mapping to your wheel is VR re-center. This will calibrate the menu / driver to center on your current head position.

Upvote 0
Device is seen, and status is active.

Oddly, I am unable to find a way to check if there is an update for the Oculus app. There is a button to "update apps automatically", but nothing else.

There are instructions online for Quest, but not much for the Rift, and what I have found do not match what my setting display :(

Upvote 0
If there was a pending update for the oculus there would be a red notification at the top of the oculus app. So just to be clear what exactly happens after you hit launch in oculus mode? In effect all it does is launch the game in a 2d display for the menu system which should show on your headset. After you setup your race or practice session and it loads in it will then switch to full vr once your in the car.

Upvote 0
Here are the steps, and results.

1. Launch ACC from Steam, choose "oculus mode"
2. Desktop will display two tool chests
3. Put on headset

From here I see someone standing inside a garage, I can look around the garage, but unable to get the Oculus menu up - I had it up once, but not now.
Hanging in mid air off to the right is my desktop, and the desktop is launching ACC as it would if I were playing on my monitor. Using my headphones, I can hear the ACC background music playing as though I was on my desktop.

So the ACC UI does not display, nor does the Oculus menu, though I don't know if that would help anyway.

I did manage to get myself off center by hitting some button on the hand controllers, and could not figure out how to re-center myself.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I usually play ams2 in VR, but I often use my wireless keyboard to navigate menus with the arrow keys. Some games will also use your headset to control the pointer so you can look at a menu tile and when the cursor is over it hit enter on your keyboard to select for example. Hopefully that helps to some extent.

Upvote 0
Also in terms of re-centering your display. You map this to a button on one of your input devices. I personally use a joystick click on my fanatec wheels and I use the same button on all wheels and games to make things uniform. This is one of the first things I do on any title after botting vr the first time.

Upvote 0
Here are the steps, and results.

1. Launch ACC from Steam, choose "oculus mode"
2. Desktop will display two tool chests
3. Put on headset

From here I see someone standing inside a garage, I can look around the garage, but unable to get the Oculus menu up - I had it up once, but not now.
Hanging in mid air off to the right is my desktop, and the desktop is launching ACC as it would if I were playing on my monitor. Using my headphones, I can hear the ACC background music playing as though I was on my desktop.

So the ACC UI does not display, nor does the Oculus menu, though I don't know if that would help anyway.

I did manage to get myself off center by hitting some button on the hand controllers, and could not figure out how to re-center myself.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Do you have any more issues?
Solved??

Upvote 0
Not solved.

ACC so far a fail.

AC was extremely simple to set up for VR. Looks pretty awful, but I have not yet got into tweaking settings to see if it can be improved.

PC2 opens via steam perfectly, so issue appears to be isolated to ACC.

I thought this evening I would look at monitor selection, see if I could possible choose Rift as my main monitor, see if that made a difference, see if there is a setting in ACC similar to the setting in AC to select viewing device. After that, not sure where to go.

Will each game have its own re-centering command, or is that an Oculus setting that will apply to any game I am in?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
What graphics card do you have? I use my Rift S on a 1070 ti and AC, AMS2, PC2 run really well, even ACC is acceptable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not solved.

ACC so far a fail.

AC was extremely simple to set up for VR. Looks pretty awful, but I have not yet got into tweaking settings to see if it can be improved.

PC2 opens via steam perfectly, so issue appears to be isolated to ACC.

I thought this evening I would look at monitor selection, see if I could possible choose Rift as my main monitor, see if that made a difference, see if there is a setting in ACC similar to the setting in AC to select viewing device. After that, not sure where to go.

Will each game have its own re-centering command, or is that an Oculus setting that will apply to any game I am in?

Thanks!
Start ACC via Steam and choose "Play ACC" normal monitor mode. Navigate to controls and make sure you bind a key for VR Recenter.
Exit.
Open Oculus Home
Open Oculus Tray Tool if you tweak the settings that way
Open ACC via Steam and choose the latter option, "Launch ACC Oculus VR mode".
Monitor will display a blurry image of a pit box. Put your headset on, most likely you will have the intro video playing. Press your mouse or any key.
Most likely the imagery will be displaced off center. However you won´t be able to recenter using the keybind you assigned till the menu on track, when you can change your setup and see the track map with coloured dots showing other drivers.
Look ahead and recenter.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%