DiRT Rally Can somebody post a list with original stages?

i read somewhere that in each location there are basically two stages which are then broken down into bits and also reversed to make up the dozen or so challenges we have for each country. is that so? and if it is indeed, has anyone got a list of which are the original stages and which are the ones making it up bit by bit? with maps ...

Go to custom event, or whatever the quck race is, select a country and when you choose stages, it says in the bracket (Sprint) or (Long). Long ones are the full stages. There is ofcourse 4, since they are reversed. It doesnt say reverse on all of them but in the secection they are in order so it's not hard to figure it out.

Thanks for the link, Kronzky. I've been wondering how much do the short stages follow the roadline of the long one, and it seems they never take another route. Well, it certainly has always felt like it but I couldn't be 100% sure.

There are dozens of junctions along the way and one would think that some other roads would have been used as well to make some stages have at least some "identity" of their own, but that's clearly not the case then.

thank you very much, very helpful indeed. now for some gaming history: if memory serves me right, we had only one long track per location in dirt03 which was then split and resplit endlessly, wasn't it? How about dirt02 (never played it). i seem to remember that in dirt and all the mcrae titles we had individually differing stages, didn't we?

Ofcourse, all the previous CMR's had differing stages, this started with Dirt1 when they figured out that people are so ignorant that if you tell them its 12 stages, they will really think it is 12 stages.

Sure, making such detailed stages takes time, but in year '99 when Rally Championship 2000 came out, they made quite a selection of stages, each unique, each based on real maps and properly long, 10min+ stages. Back then, they had to maybe sacrifice some of the graphics to make the epic tracks work but nowadays its simpler to make everything look good and hand it over to sheep.

Not saying that DR is bad, quite the contrary, it's the best damn rally game as a whole packet but id desperately needs more tracks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%