Can somebody explain me how to edit a cars data file?

You can get "open" a cars data.acd by using Assetto Car Tuner and then edit the tyres.ini and suspension.ini. Don't be surprised though if it is much more complicated than expected

Tires are very difficult to edit. Lots of parameters that are not really well explained. File is content/cars/<car>/data/tyres.ini

It is probably better to look for a car that has tire properties that you like better and copy them over from there. You need to keep the original values for the wheel positioning.

Also don't screw up the numbering for multiple tire sets that the user can select in setup.

"Handling" can mean a lot. What else besides tires are you aiming at?

I know how to change them but i don't know how it works and what they mean. I tried to edit DY_REF and DX_REF but it made the car handle very strange. It grips too much, compared to other non-modded cars. It should have a tendency to snap-oversteer. By handling I would like to know more about changing the key characteristics of the vehicle.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone of you know how to change traction on acceleration braking and lateral one please?

How do I get into the physics engine of the car and maybe track grip level?

Please if you know anything reply here or email me on przemek-guminski@wp.pl

Thank you in advance

power is in the power.ini file basically its a rpm|torque in KW table. after changing the file save it and then go back into the game (content manager) content/cars and look at the power graph, click the top right three dots of the graph and click on "recalculate curves using data & power/tor..." you should start to see the graph change.

For tyres I usually just change the tyre temp grip level rather than the Tyre.ini file itself. Basically find out in the tyre.ini file what file name does the tyres use under the [Thermal - Front(or Rear)] you should see a file name under performance curve. After you found what file it is for temp/grip ratio open it and you should have table with Temp In Celcius on the left and the percentage of grip on the right. A value of 1 is 100% of the grip available from the tyre.ini file. Usually you find it start at .7 (70%) then work its way to .99 or 1.0 at operating temp then start to fall back again as it overheats. you can increase this to 1.15 or 1.2 in the operating range as you feel is needed.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone of you know how to change traction on acceleration braking and lateral one please?

How do I get into the physics engine of the car and maybe track grip level?

Please if you know anything reply here or email me on przemek-guminski@wp.pl

Thank you in advance
If the cars have a DY and DX CURVE do it there, or it would be called DY REF and DX REF.
a trick I came up with to destinguish between the two, for the "Y" I picture itin my head as a left or right (kind of like a fork in the road you can only go left or right) so that would be lateral forces, and the "X" has four points on each end and when braking it affects all four tires so I think of it as Longitunal (braking and accellerating).

if you increase front DY too much it will make the rear unstable since you can corner the car into corners much faster and sharper. Have a look at my previous coment if you'd like another way to increase grip

If the cars have a DY and DX CURVE do it there, or it would be called DY REF and DX REF.
a trick I came up with to destinguish between the two, for the "Y" I picture itin my head as a left or right (kind of like a fork in the road you can only go left or right) so that would be lateral forces, and the "X" has four points on each end and when braking it affects all four tires so I think of it as Longitunal (braking and accellerating).

if you increase front DY too much it will make the rear unstable since you can corner the car into corners much faster and sharper. Have a look at my previous coment if you'd like another way to increase grip
Hi Rob,

Thank you very much.

I will try to look into it when I find some time.

I am really impressed by the new WRC Puma Yaris and I20 looks and tarmac physics, but some minor adjustments would make it perfect.

And maybe a bit of improvement in FMOD as it is a bit worse compare to RBR FMOD.

Do you play RBR?

Have you tried my RBR 2020 mod for physics mainly? I have modded NGP 3 to get the best out of it and to make it more controllable.

Kind regards
Przemek

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%