Can Samsung Odyssey+ Be Configured As Microphone Only?

My Samsung Odyssey+ works great for the sims that I run in VR. One of the nice things about it is that it has a built-in microphone.

I recently joined a league that runs Automobilista. Unfortunately, Automobilista does not support VR, so I can't use the headset for visuals. However, I'd like to communicate (audio) with other drivers but would rather not have to disconnect the headset, connect a separate microphone, then reverse the procedure when I switch back to a sim that supports VR. In other words, I don't like to mess with my hardware configuration once it's working well.

So, is there a way to configure, in software, the Odyssey+ to act as a microphone only (sitting the desk 3 feet away) while incoming audio still plays over my computer speakers?

FWIW, I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks!
Bert

• Deleted member 197115

Did you try to test how well mic works when not wearing HMD? 3 feet away can be a stretch, plus you would need to run wmr portal in background and perhaps tape sensor on headset so it doesn't go to sleep. Mirroring audio to desktop is supported though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back