Can Not edit assignments in game controller area

Hopefully someone has dealt with my issue because Im about to give it up. Outside of iracing R3E is the one sim I really want to race. But no matter what i try I cannot get the pedals and other controller edits/map in.

I go to the area inside the game and with mouse double click the empty bar but it just fills it with some setting that makes no sense. I cant get it to wait for me to even tic my gear shift lever to map that. It wont allow my throttle and brake or shifters to map. Among other things.

Using TM TX base and Simworx F1 LC pedals. In iracing and ACC its all fine but nothing in Raceroom?? Any suggestions really appreciated.

I go to the area inside the game and with mouse double click the empty bar but it just fills it with some setting that makes no sense.
I'm not sure what you mean by "setting which makes no sense". Can you please post a screenshot of what is happening when you double-click the function you are trying to assign? It seems perhaps the game is receiving constant input from somewhere, but it's hard to know what from without knowing what's being assigned.

The page in game that list mappings for (Driving) your steer left and right then Accelerate and brake.
I click on the tab to map the brake of throttle and it just maps it to something on its own. You try to map something else and it bounces that same key location to the next thing leaving the last one empty.

Basically i just cant map anything except steer left and right? I have had Raceroom for years with no issue until last year after one of the updates? I have tried removing game..... re installing game......verifying files...I'm at a loss?

R3E Issue1.jpg

@John Addison It seems as if one of your connected devices is constantly outputting the ID:2 RX+ signal.

Are you able to locate where that particular output is coming from? Perhaps you could fire up another one of your working sims (iRacing or ACC) and work your way through their menus to see what device is linked to ID:2 R+ which will help to narrow things down with troubleshooting.

Edit: if you click on Controller Settings from the main menu, you should see on the right had side of screen the various 'active devices' listed. For example ID0 - Keyboard, ID-1 Aiogogs Handbrake, ID-2 HE Sim Pedals, ID-3 Steering Wheel (Leo Bodnar), ID-4 Ascher Button box etc

That might help you locate what ID-2 is...

Last edited:
It does show all needed device's available. I'll keep at it until my temper flairs lol.

It's a strange one considering you don't have the issue anywhere else :O_o:

I know you've already uninstalled/reinstalled but how about closing down the game then going in and deleting your .rcs files for a fresh start with a newly generated controller profile.

They are usually found in "\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\"

The annoying thing is that this sounds exactly like a problem I had a little over a year ago, but I honestly can't remember what was causing it, or how I fixed it. Stupid crappy memory! :rolleyes:

The page in game that list mappings for (Driving) your steer left and right then Accelerate and brake.
I click on the tab to map the brake of throttle and it just maps it to something on its own. You try to map something else and it bounces that same key location to the next thing leaving the last one empty.

Basically i just cant map anything except steer left and right? I have had Raceroom for years with no issue until last year after one of the updates? I have tried removing game..... re installing game......verifying files...I'm at a loss?
Disconnect devices until it doesn't happen anymore.

Thanks for helping guys. They say its good to talk it out or in this case post it out because maybe you will notice something that's right in front of you.

Well my simworx pedal set has a clutch bypass plug on it. I never thought of it because all other sims didn't have the issue. So I'm starring at it and said try removing it for ha..ha's. Well that was the issue.

And it hasn't had any adverse effect on any of the sims that were working fine to begin with. Got to love it....lol I was going out of my mind.

Have same issue, after using shifter as separate device (VNM).
Tried disconnecting USB devices & controllers no luck.
All 3 devices show up in the calibration/assignment panel. (G27 wheel, G25 pedals VNM shifter).
In the windows 10 control panel G27 is listed twice, heard this is normal (Fanatec also).
Any Changes needed in the PLR to acommodate separate shifter ?
AC had no problem recognizing shifter and with calibration./assignment.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Ivan

Have same issue, after using shifter as separate device (VNM).
Tried disconnecting USB devices & controllers no luck.
All 3 devices show up in the calibration/assignment panel. (G27 wheel, G25 pedals VNM shifter).
In the windows 10 control panel G27 is listed twice, heard this is normal (Fanatec also).
Any Changes needed in the PLR to acommodate separate shifter ?
AC had no problem recognizing shifter and with calibration./assignment.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Ivan
Well, what exactly isn't working for you?

Altogethr 3 Controllers on separate USB.
I don't know what your specific issue is, but I don't think it's the number of controllers. I use a T300 wheel, G27 pedals, and G27 shifter, all on their own USB ports, and it all works fine.

When trying it, it replaces all previous wheel/pedal calibrations.
I don't know what you mean by this. You click to rebind a gear in the config, and it somehow resets all the other controls to something else? :unsure:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%