Can I use a custom paint job when racing online for all to see?

Am wondering if it is possible for me to use a customer paint job when racing online for all to see?

I was unsure if custom skins were only viewable locally and not to other people on the server you are racing on.

Thanks all.

Hi,

As Jens said it has to be installed on the other person(s) computer for them to see it.

So what I do when I enter an event, I give a download link for the custom skin I am using.

I sometime put it on rapidshare.com or my own webspace

Its pretty annoying how that happens though. It would be cool if the server stored your skins in there memory for all to see, so next time it comes along you can see it as the server has it in it memory. Is that possible or am I talking rubbish again? :D

Yeah, in the RDWTCC-league the used custom skins are provided in a skinpack which everyone could have downloaded before the league startet. In fact you had to post your skin here in the forum right in time to get in the skinpack :D.

And believe me, we have many gifted skinning artists here in RD, the races look very cool :thumb:

I'm actually glad they don't store the skins on the server. Every user connecting to the server would have to (done by the loading process) download all skins installed on the server.. or at least the ones, someone on the server is driving with at the moment.

What happens, if there is a field of 20 cars with all different custom skins? Happy waiting.. (Look at how big the WTCC skinpack archives are..)

What, if you're on a server and someone joins with a custom skin you haven't installed already.. get back to garage and wait about half a minute or something? Wouldn't like that.

The way it is it makes for uncomplicated and fast connections to the server with little loading'lags' while already in game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%