Can I transfer Steam content to my offline install?

I bought the CD version of GTR Evo since then I have aquired stcc,race on and Formula RR(no other addons yet) though steam. is there any way to transfer my Steam content to my GTR Evo Offline? miss my Formula RR when the I-net goes down Thanx

Oh well stupid me, so it does.... Thx for pointing that out to me.. the reason I asked is me and my roomie share my steam acct, she playes my Bejeweled 3 on her comp....

I think the way the DVD versions of the Race Series load/are presented once the DVD is inserted could be much clearer. All this stuff about an offline install and an Online install just wastes peoples time and efforts, even more so if you then want to add free Car and Track Mods as it leaves you with two installs and means people end up believing they have to install in two places to play offline and online. It also means you end up with an offline profile that can be totally different to your online.

You only need to install the game once - A Steam install. Period. If you then wish to play offline you then either - 1) Pull out your lead connecting you to the internet. or 2) Have a firewall setting that you can switch on that Blocks Steam from accessing the internet.

If you then start Steam you get a message saying Steam can not connect and would you like to "Try again" or "Start Steam in Offline Mode" - Start Steam in Offline Mode and you can then start up you 'Online' install of Race through Your Steam install (which is now offline). No need for duplicate Installs of the Game Files, NO need to install extra Cars or Tracks Twice. One Profile/Set of Control Profiles to Play with, less confusion.

In the case of the OP this means your friend can play bejeweled and you can Race offline at the same time. You may even find it works the other way round too - ie, she pulls her connection and starts Steam Offline and may (don't have bejewelled) be able to play offline whilst your online.

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back