PC1 Can I run pCARS with decent FPS?

I know there are recommended requirements but most of the time i dont trust those things.
But can i run the game on decent FPS (not 30 but atleast 60) on mid/high settings. With this.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
4 GB Ram DDR2

These are the minimum specs Ivo;

CPU – 3.0GHz Dual-Core, 2.4GHz Quad-Core
GRAPHICS – nVidia 9600 GT 512Mb, ATI Radeon HD 4750 512Mb
MEMORY – 2Gb RAM (3Gb-4Gb recommended)
CONNECTION – Continuous Internet

Looks like your gfx card is the weak link, but should still be able to run the game, I think you might struggle to run high settings but I think medium, and low are definite options. I'm not sure how well the sim scales back, I've not tried lower settings, so I'm not sure how 'bad' it will look when you tune the settings down.

I am on a E6600 currently @ 3.0 Ghz, ATI 3870 512 MB (which I think outperforms the ATI card given in the minimum spec), I think I turned everything down (will need to take another look) and that thing is impossible to drive. The looks of it is far away from what you see on the WEB.

Will definitively try to further overclock the CPU (just started with it) to see whether it helps.

I am runnning now on Medium settings and get 80 FPS with it.
Its quite stable on 80 FPS i must say. But i guess because its a Alpha it still gets optimized more in every build?
Hmmm, maybe I just need to upgrade my GPU.... maybe rFactor2 gets playable with that as well... was thinking a new CPU would be required as well.... (which means basically a new PC).

They've been improving the optimization since initial release. Imola when it first came out with the first build was a real FPS hog, but now it runs gr8 for me and even better with my new CPU & Mobo.

I'm still not fully convinced with pCARS and where SMS want to go with it, but if they get the physics right in the end then it could be a fantastic sim:).

From my experience with Shift 2 (same engine) and now pCARS, I would say that you definitely need a Quad Core CPU to run the game smoothly. I noticed quite a difference when I upgraded mine from a C2D E6420 to a C2Q Q8300.

Also, nowadays most games do make use of 4 cores so it's best to upgrade IMO

Yea I was going to say the same as guardianpt

It's about time to upgrade to a quad at least. There's ways to do it cheapish.

I've got an amd 1100T 6core and I like it. A LOT of people recommended getting the i5 2600k though as it's not much more expensive and performs better. I don't know what kind of mother board you have, but that's where things can get expensive.

DDR2 is beginning to get outdated and I'd highly recommend going to DDR3, and if you're going to get a 2600k its best to get a motherboard that can take full advantage of it. my guess is at least US $400 for the cpu, mobo, and ram.

Cheaper options would be the q2qs and you can probably run those on your current mobo.

In reality, if these guys are doing the game this way it is clear they want to make a proper sim. Or why would you make it so open to testing and charge people for it? Are we paying for their development? Maybe, coz we aint paying for servers right now.

I am not really sure why? The PC sim gaming market is so small compared to console, why would you bother? A game like Shift 2 would sell tenfold on a console what it ever seels on PC surely, why on earth would you waste time developing a game for a dead market?

Or is that all these developers are finding out how much money Iracing makes and trying to get in the act?

I could understand if they wanted to make something new, but this is really a complex idea to try and code a game from existing code that is built to work with all machines the same and with a controller input from the 1970's!

I have tried it and it looks lovely. The driving feeling is a long way off but I do wonder why they are bothering? Can anyone put forward a reason other than they are bored?

I have been playing with a couple of the builds lately and can honestly say they feel good. But..............no where as good as Shift 1 with the overhaul mod. Not even in the same class. Sorry but that's my opinion. They are going to have to incorporate a lot more than fancy visuals to entice me. I can't see it selling anywhere near the numbers of shift.

I'd say it will be on sale for 9.99 by a month after release.

Just paid my 13 bucks... this sim is rocking... win 7 64 - amd phenom 6 core - gtx 460 1 gb - 8 gb ram... runs smooth (60 fps), looks great... everything cranked up except shadows... ffb effects on fanatec PWTS are awesome... pCars is my nwest favorite sim or maybe tied with nKarPro... needs mp badly and this one will catch on fire, my prediction. any word on Track IR support?

solid 60fps on a GTX460? Maybe at a low resolution. The new lighitng system has hit performance but it still runs well overall with a ton of optimization still to come.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back