Can I merge realfeel plugins of different mods?

Marco Versele

Hhmmm, yes ...
Mods come with their own realfeel.ini plugin. These all have first the same 'standard' sections from the original install, and the specific blocks for the modded cars are added at the end.
I have copies of every realfeel.ini for every mod, that I have to rename each time I want to play with a specific mod.
When I have several mods installed, let say Blancpain and DTM2013, can I merge the realfeel.ini's into one file, where each car will have its own block, without messing up things? It would certainly simplify my life.
Thanks.

Yep you just copy and paste your mod ini text into your master file. Just add the additional text to the bottom of the master ini file.
Make a constant backup of this file as running gsync will replace your ini file,
Take note of the size of the file.
My current one is about 7 kB from memory, the original is about 4 kB
Replacing the original with the one in a mod file system will not combine, you need to copy its contents and add it to thegame ini file.
Just repeating....Back it up after every addition.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Picked up SCE over the weekend, must say i'm really impressed with this game. I have a question regarding this topic though, i understand now that when installing a mod car you need to manually add the realfeel data in the ini file.

Problem is there's 3 realfeel ini files in the game folder:

-realfeelplugin
-realfeelpluginv138
-realfeelpluginv150

Where do i add the data when adding a new mod car? All 3 of them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

realfeelplugin is the one that make the thing work
realfeelpluginv138 and realfeelpluginv150 are the values present till the SCE version 1.38 and the one used after game version 1.50. Some people prefer the old version, some the new one. So you just copy the one you like more into the realfeelplugin file. I believe by default it has the 1.50 value so if you like it you don't have to do anything

realfeelplugin is the one that make the thing work
realfeelpluginv138 and realfeelpluginv150 are the values present till the SCE version 1.38 and the one used after game version 1.50. Some people prefer the old version, some the new one. So you just copy the one you like more into the realfeelplugin file. I believe by default it has the 1.50 value so if you like it you don't have to do anything
Thanks for the reply, think i get it now ;)
So basically v138 and v150 were just left in there as a courtesy in case someone wants to use the older settings.

No....
realfeelplugin is the file that works, this is the one the game use, and ONLY this one.
The others only have values you can use because some people prefer how the FFB was before the version 1.50 so Reiza added the realfeelplugin1.38 as a backup for people that want to use the old FFB. If you want to new one you either change nothing or copy the values inside the realfeelplugin1.50 to realfeelplugin if you modified it to test how the 1.38 was.
Don't know how to explain it any easier than this.

No....
realfeelplugin is the file that works, this is the one the game use, and ONLY this one.
The others only have values you can use because some people prefer how the FFB was before the version 1.50 so Reiza added the realfeelplugin1.38 as a backup for people that want to use the old FFB. If you want to new one you either change nothing or copy the values inside the realfeelplugin1.50 to realfeelplugin if you modified it to test how the 1.38 was.
Don't know how to explain it any easier than this.
I understood it finally whilst writing my post, so i edited it just in time but i guess you saw it before i changed it.

Thanks for the help!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years