Can I improve my lap times in this video?

These cars were using various amount of Traction Control, just so you know.

For testing purpose, I tried it with no aids (no TC either), auto-clutch off... First time on the track, in that particular car and with EVERYTHING default regarding setup (Not even tyres or engine map changed), I did this time in about 5 laps:

1:21.599

LOTS of time to be found with full power and soft tyres, some work on setup aswell, especially downforce.

When I see your video, you aren't using half the track, you keep in the middle and you exit in the middle instead of Outside-Apex-Outside. In most corner exit you can use the white kerbing. You also appear to have no confidence in the car, you are very late on the throttle and very early on the brakes, slow downshifts aswell, no where near the limit.

I can't really help you further than telling you what's wrong, I'd have to personally train you how to go fast !

From what you imply, Monsieur Levesque, you think I am too precise.

Well, epecially in F1, being too aggressive with the car is so much that you either spin or cause a crash.

I agree, the downshifts need work.

I have been more aggressive exiting the corners and have been following the rugged asphalt (braking points) as thoroughly as I can, and I have improved my time to a 1:30:832, which is still +9 seconds from your time.

EDIT - So, the dark side of the tarmac is the entry-apex-exit portions of the track?

The biggest mistake you are making is that you are not using all the track. When coming to a tight right hander, for example, you need to be as left as you can possibly be, leaving literally 1cm to the grass (or white line). Then turn in with the max speed you can while still hitting the apex, and then with the most power you can, let the car lean naturally to the outside of the corner, again, as close to the grass as you can. Don't fight it too much, listen to the car.

Once you start doing this, the car will carry way more speed through the corners, be more stable, and your confidence will increase. Beat Will's time! :)

I think you just need practice. For example, I have done about 2500 laps on Game Stock Car 2012 in the last 6 weeks, and it has helped me improve a lot.

You accelerate at max throttle way too late, and then it minimises your top-end at the end of the straights.

Also, as stated by the other nice dudes here, you are not using the whole track through corners, thus you are not going through corners at max speed.

See this article so you can better understand apexes and how to use them better. It's very basic, but you get the gist of it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%