Can I create my own, fantasy league for RSS Formula Hybrid 2019? Paid work?

Hello everyone, I hope you have a good day. I want to ask something. Let me explain my problem first.

So basically before I move on to AC, I played rfactor 2. I always wanted to have my own league with my own drivers and skins, watch them racing whole days and I had it, in rfactor 2. I downloaded isi formula mod, reached out how to created alternative drivers and gave them poor quality but still OWN skins and skills. Since I fall in love with AC and new formula model by RSS, I want to ask you is it possible to create something similar to my own league in this game? Things I'm asking for:
1) Creating own drivers with skins and skills
2) Am I able to create even LOWEST quality ever skins for this model of car? If yes, can someone send me link to tutorial or something? I tried it ones and I got messed around with stuff with 0 progress. I'm an amatour of Gimp, so my works can be equal as made in paint basically.
Back in time I really enjoyed my own league, watching my drivers based on real colleagues racing. But beside graphical improvements and most improtant for me, sound which is great, I want to jump into AC stuff.

If noone can answer me that question, I want to ask is there any request site for custom skins for cars? I could pay for some good, fantasy skins based on my vision.

I'm sorry for bit of chaos in my thread but this is really important for me.

Doing skins for AC is mostly pretty basic, the main stumbling block I know of is that the image file format is dds with dxt1/3/5 compression which gimp/photoshop don't come with import/exporters for.

Easiest option is just ignore that, save png files and rename them to dds - AC can read this fine.
Or you can google a gimp dds exporter, the problem is it's not a well supported addon so I think you'll need to look for the version from about 2012.
Or you can download the software "Compressonator", this can convert png to dds properly.

I think that mod in particular is meant to be edited with a photoshop-specific 3d template tool but you can just work with the 2d version fine, gimp will open psd for you. It might not import layer settings correctly, what you want is a normal layer to paint on (or more than 1) and then the black and white AO map set to "multiply" on top of it.

Oh also gimp 2.8 is the best option for texture editing, gimp 2.10 moved away from 8 bit image editing and causes problems for alpha channels

Doing skins for AC is mostly pretty basic, the main stumbling block I know of is that the image file format is dds with dxt1/3/5 compression which gimp/photoshop don't come with import/exporters for.

Easiest option is just ignore that, save png files and rename them to dds - AC can read this fine.
Or you can google a gimp dds exporter, the problem is it's not a well supported addon so I think you'll need to look for the version from about 2012.
Or you can download the software "Compressonator", this can convert png to dds properly.

I think that mod in particular is meant to be edited with a photoshop-specific 3d template tool but you can just work with the 2d version fine, gimp will open psd for you. It might not import layer settings correctly, what you want is a normal layer to paint on (or more than 1) and then the black and white AO map set to "multiply" on top of it.

Oh also gimp 2.8 is the best option for texture editing, gimp 2.10 moved away from 8 bit image editing and causes problems for alpha channels
The problem is that in AC templates for car are separated and I don't know where and how change them to fit properly for my expectations. It was much more easier in rf2, thats why I am asking.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%